Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on Insight Vacations Amazing Spain and Portugal
Experience Amazing Spain and Portugal's most beautiful sites on this 9-day tour exploring the region's stunning man-made and natural wonders. Discover charming, picturesque towns and cities and rugged coastlines.
- At a Damascene workshop, meet a master craftsman for a personal insight into this ancient craft.
- With a Local Expert, visit the Church of Santo Tomé and see El Greco's masterpiece.
- Join a Local Expert at the Alhambra Palace, the ultimate in Muslim architecture, an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the glorious Generalife gardens.
- Step inside the cathedral, past the altarpiece, dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Visit Jeronimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture.
- Join the faithful at one of the world's holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions.
- VIP door-to-door transfer service – taken directly from your door to departing airport.
- Airport transfers at the destination.
- Quality accommodation as per itinerary.
- Experiences & quality dining as per itinerary.
- A coach with more legroom, air-conditioning, sound system, video & Wi-Fi.
Day 1: Madrid
Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Your airport transfer departs Madrid airport for your hotel at 09:00, 11:00, 13:30 or 16:00.
Day 2: Toledo
Venture south to meet a master craftsperson in a Damascene workshop for a personal insight into this ancient craft handed down by the Moors centuries ago. Continue to the fascinating city of Toledo, situated high above the River Tagus.
Day 3: Seville
Bathed in morning light, the Alhambra Palace awaits - a fantasy of arabesque gardens, fountains and stone cut like lace. Explore with your Local Expert and also visit the exotic water gardens of the Generalife, the royal summer residence. Take a moment to relax in the sunshine as you enjoy the fine views over the town and its three verdant hills. Embark on a scenic drive to Seville.
Day 4: Free time in Seville
This is a free day, so take your time to bask in the city's romantic aura and explore as you wish. You may like to join an Optional Experience to Cordoba and visit the magnificent Mezquita, an 8th century mosque with a Christian cathedral built inside it.
Day 5: To Lisbon
Pass through the oak forests where black Iberian pigs are bred for the famous Spanish hams. Stop in Jabugo for an insight into the history and curing process of Jamón Ibérico. The subtle differences will be revealed with a delicious tasting. Then venture across the wide Alentejo Plateau to Lisbon.
Day 6: Lisbon Sightseeing
During your stay, a guided orientation of the city with your Local Expert takes you along the avenues of the Lower Town and beneath the hilltop Bairro Alto to the Terreiro do Paco, the finest square in the city.
Day 7: Fátima
Travel into the green hills north of Lisbon to visit Fátima, the most celebrated place of pilgrimage in Portugal. Visit the Basilica commemorating the appearance of the Virgin Mary to three children in 1917.
Day 8: On to Madrid
Cross the rock-strewn hills of the Castile, to arrive at Ávila. Walk within the ancient city that is still entirely enclosed within 11th century walls, a unique occurrence in Europe. Return to Madrid to explore the old town with your Local Expert.
Day 9: Depart Madrid
After breakfast, your transfer to Madrid airport arrives at 07:00, 09:00 or 11:00. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot