Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on AAT Kings Tasmanian Wonders Guided Tour.
If Tasmania is on your bucket list, the AAT Kings Tasmanian Wonders Guided Tour offers the ideal introduction to the island state. Tasmania is a place of wild and beautiful landscapes, friendly people with a relaxed island lifestyle, wonderful food and wine, and a haunting history evoked by world-famous convict ruins. It's also Australia's smallest state and the most geographically diverse with over 40 per cent reserved as national parks and world heritage wilderness. Step back in time at Port Arthur, explore Hobart city and cruise the wild Gordon River, Cradle Mountain and the pristine Tarkine Wilderness.
- Comfortable accommodation
- Travel by luxury coach
- Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
- Airport transfers
- 9 Full buffet breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 5 Dinners
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- Explore Hobart’s iconic sights
- Visit the spectacular Russell Falls
- Cruise on the Gordon River and enjoy a delicious lunch
- Discover Cradle Mountain National Park on an exciting guided tour
- See ‘The Nut’ at Stanley
- Enjoy a guided tour of the magnificent Tarkine Wilderness region
- Indulge in local cheese at Ashgrove Tasmanian Farm
- Explore Launceston
- Visit Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre
- Discover Bridestowe Lavender Estate and the delicious lavender ice cream
- Marvel at spectacular views from Cape Tourville Lookout
- Step back in time at historic Port Arthur
- Strahan Village is an ideal base for exploring Tasmania's stunning wilderness. Experience and discover Strahan’s culture and heritage as you explore the museums, galleries and attractions of this historic fishing port.
- Cradle Mountain Hotel is a stylish, wilderness hotel, located at the northern boundary of Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park.
- Tall Timbers offers its guests holiday accommodation on the North West Coast of Tasmania, ranging from luxury self-contained apartments to cabin style units.
- With its distinct style and personalised guest services – all features of the Best Western Plus brand, the Best Western Plus Launceston hotel caters for all guest needs with comfort and ease.
- Stay at this centrally located Bicheno resort, situated directly opposite the beach and minutes from scuba diving, fishing spots and penguin tours. The Best Western Beachfront at Bicheno is the most ideally located accommodation in Bicheno.
- Experience an absolute Hobart waterfront destination at Wrest Point; with spectacular river and mountain views and great service.
Day 1 - Explore Hobart's historic Battery Point, Salamanca Place, the Botanic Gardens, Constitution Dock, and Mt. Nelson, which affords panoramic views over Australia’s southernmost city.
Day 2 - Discover the picturesque Russel Falls and the stunning Lake St. Clair, the deepest freshwater lake in Australia. Head to Strahan.
Day 3 - Enjoy a lunch cruise on the Gordon River. Stop at Sarah Island for an insight into a relic of Tasmania’s lesser-known convict history and see the Hells Gates.
Day 4 - Explore the Cradle Mountain National Park and travel on through rolling green hills to Table Cape for spectacular views of Bass Strait.
Day 5 - Discover the Tarkine Wilderness region and visit the award-winning Ashgrove Tasmanian Farm.
Day 6 - Visit the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre in the morning and in the afternoon continue to Tasmania’s ‘northern capital’, Launceston.
Day 7 - Visit the lavender producer Bridestowe Lavender Estate and follow the picturesque east coast to Bicheno.
Day 8 - Visit the Freycinet National Park before going back to Hobart through Swansea and Orford.
Day 9 - Explore the Port Arthur Historic Site, taking a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a fascinating walk with a local expert through the remains of Port Arthur’s infamous convict prison.
Day 10- Depart Hobart.
- Day 1 – flights to arrive prior to 12.30pm into Hobart Airport
- Day 10 – flights to depart anytime from Hobart Airport
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Warm layers in cooler months
- Low-level fitness required
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot