Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on AAT Kings Great Ocean Road & Kangaroo Island Guided Holiday.
Discover one of the world's greatest road trip adventure - the Great Ocean Road and marvel at the spectacular coastal landscape of Australia. Experience the iconic Kangaroo Island and explore its unique abundant wildlife. Visit the picturesque Adelaide Hills and taste the famous wine of Barossa and Coonawarra regions.
- Travel along the legendary Great Ocean Road
- Witness the amazing Twelve Apostles
- Learn about the Aboriginal culture at Tower Hill State Reserve
- Watch the adorable Sea Lions play at Kangaroo Island
- Taste locally made spirits at a micro-distillery
- Indulge in the local cuisine & wine on Kangaroo Island
- Visit picturesque Hahndorf
- Enjoy wine tour & tastings at Jacob’s Creek in the Barossa
- Taste the Barossa food and wine
- Quality accommodation
- Travel by luxury coach
- Experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
- Airport transfers
- 6 Full buffet breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
- 3 Dinners with wine
- 1 Farewell Dinner
Day 1 Melbourne – Warrnambool
Embark on one of the world’s premier road trips – the Great Ocean Road. Enjoy the dramatic coastal scenery, pause in quaint seaside towns, and experience the stunning limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles that tower just off the coast above the wild Southern Ocean.
Day 2 Warrnambool – Naracoorte
This morning, visit the Worn Gundidj Aboriginal Co-operative at Tower Hill State Game Reserve, where your guide will provide you with an Indigenous perspective on this significant site. Then continue to the Coonawarra wine region, whose first vineyard was planted in 1890.
Day 3 Naracoorte – Kangaroo Island
Journey today to the Fleurieu Peninsula, whose green hills are complemented by rugged clifftops, sandy beaches and the Murray River. Visit the seaside town of Victor Harbour, one of South Australia’s popular coastal playgrounds. Take the ferry to Kangaroo Island.
Day 4 Kangaroo Island
Explore this natural wonderland today, enjoying the stunning coastal scenery and an amazing variety of wildlife. Visit the spectacular Remarkable Rocks, and later Admirals Arch in Flinders Chase National Park.
Day 5 Kangaroo Island – Adelaide
This morning, board your ferry to cross back to the mainland and travel to picturesque Adelaide, the ‘City of Churches’.
Day 6 Adelaide Hills & the Barossa
Discover the rolling Adelaide Hills and world-famous Barossa today, stopping first at picturesque Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest surviving German settlement.
Day 7 Farewell from Adelaide
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Jacket in cooler months
Day Prior Flights to arrive anytime into Melbourne Airport
Day 7 Flights to depart anytime from Adelaide Airport
- Quality Suites Deep Blue Hotel & Spa Warrnambool is perfectly positioned on a peninsula between Lady Bay and Stingray Bay. All guestrooms offer balconies, many boast magnificent views of either Lady Bay or Stingray Bay.
- William MacIntosh Motor Lodge is the perfect place to stay when visiting Naracoorte. All rooms are on the ground floor and set in a tranquil garden setting and just across the road from the spectacular Naracoorte Golf course.
- Aurora Ozone is located on the beautiful foreshore at Kingscote. The original section of this hotel on Kangaroo Island has a Victorian façade & amenities that blend with the refined atmosphere of old world charm.
- Stamford Plaza Adelaide is overlooking either Adelaide's historic parklands or the CBD, the superior rooms offer recently refurbished decor, with a selection of bedding configurations, large work desks, excellent lighting, flat screen colour televisions, broadband internet, a variety of cable channels and in-house movies.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot