Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Insight Vacations Spirit of Vietnam Tour
With a rich abundance of stunningly beautiful landscapes, endearing locals, off-the-beaten-track gems, world-famous sites and exquisite cuisine, you will be spoilt for choice in Vietnam.
Participate in Vietnamese cooking classes, learn about local hidden gems from passionate experts and marvel at dazzling landscapes along the way.
- Mekong Delta: Meet Mr. Sau Tuong, a former soldier who survived four years ﬁghting the deadly Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, at his home and see how he and his wife earn a living making rice paper.
- Hue: Enjoy a private VIP visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Imperial Citadel, before it opens to other travellers. Learn about its traditional architecture and history from a renowned historian.
- Hue: Meet the headmaster of the Vietnamese Royal Martial Arts Academy and learn what it takes to become a practitioner of this standard. See a performance showcasing different martial arts techniques.
- Dao Thuc: Accompanied by a live orchestra, enjoy a water-puppet performance, set in a lotus pond. Meet the artisan who makes the puppets in his workshop and see how the Vietnamese have been bringing performances of this nature to life since the 10th century.
- Hanoi: Meet a renowned scholar at the Temple of Literature and learn about Hanoian culture and Vietnamese architecture, before touring the temple grounds.
- VIP door-to-door transfer service – taken directly from your door to departing airport.
- Airport transfers at a destination.
- Quality accommodation as per itinerary.
- Experiences & quality dining as per itinerary.
- A coach with more legroom, air-conditioning, sound system, video & Wi-Fi.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City
On arrival at the airport, you will be greeted and transferred to the hotel. At 19:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a cocktail reception with traditional dance performances at the Art Salon Saigon, followed by your Welcome Dinner, enjoy a sophisticated atmosphere with live music for a night to remember!
Day 2: The best of Saigon
See the best of Saigon as you travel from the city’s glittering skyscrapers to the green paddy ﬁelds scattered along the Saigon River.
Day 3: Cruise the Mekong Delta
Cruise the Mekong Delta aboard a private charter. At your first stop see coconut production and processing, then enjoy a taste of the freshest juice possible.
Day 4: Hue in royal splendour
Marvel at vistas of lush countryside, as you fly to Hue for the next chapter of your journey. Enjoy a cycle ride through rice ﬁelds to Thanh Toan village and visit the Vietnamese Agriculture Museum for an insight into rice production.
Day 5: Highlights of Hue
Rise early for a private VIP visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Imperial Citadel, before it opens to the public. Enjoy an escorted journey on a state-of-the-art electric cart, as a renowned local historian guides you through the towering main gates and shows you the majestic architecture and splendid gardens of the former royal court.
Day 6: Romantic Hoi An
Enjoy a scenic drive over the spectacular Hai Van Mountain pass to reach Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During your walking exploration of this ancient town, see the old merchant's houses, the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge, Assembly Hall and the market where stalls are brimming with local specialities
Day 7: Learn from the locals in Hoi An
Visit the beautiful Cam Thanh Village with its dense coconut jungles that were once a shelter for local people and soldiers during the Vietnam War.
Day 8: Hanoi
Board a morning ﬂight to Hanoi, Vietnam’s glistening capital city known for colonial-style architecture, ancient temples and vibrant culture. Enjoy a ride aboard an electric cart to see the historic Opera House, avenues lined with French mansions, Sword Lake and the 18th century Jade Mountain Temple.
Day 9: Cruise along Halong Bay
Travel to Halong Bay, known as the bay with a thousand islands and glistening emerald water. Step aboard a deluxe junk for a memorable overnight cruise.
Day 10: Halong to Hanoi
Start the day with a session of Tai Chi on the upper deck, or enjoy an early morning swim, or perhaps venture to a white sandy beach and climb the hilltop for views over Halong Bay.
Day 11: Sightseeing in Hanoi
Visit the Temple of Literature, built in 1076 as the ﬁrst university for the sons of mandarins. Meet a scholar who will share their insights into this famous institution. Learn about Hanoian culture and Vietnamese architecture before exploring the temple grounds
Day 12: Farewell Vietnam
Your tour comes to an end after breakfast with a transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot