A quick, free call on 0800 707 6229 or email for huge extra savings on Abercrombie & Kent The Wonders of China Escorted tour.
Uncover the secrets of ancient China, the world's oldest continuous civilization by visiting the Great China Wall's less popular section Mutianyu. Discover the legendary Terracotta Warriors. Explore the buzzing capital of Beijing and visit the futuristic city of Shanghai. Immerse yourself into the Forbidden City. Marvel at the peaceful countryside scenery of Guilin.
- Discover a traditional ceremonial hall in Beijing’s Forbidden City.
- Explore the lesser-visited Mutianyu section of the Great Wall.
- Marvel at the iconic 2,000-year-old Terracotta Warriors.
- Immerse yourself in Guilin’s karst topography.
- Visit the Bund, Shanghai’s vibrant waterfront hotspot.
- No single supplements if booked early.
- Design your Day on Days 3, 8 & 11
- Five-star luxury accommodation
- Resident tour director & English-speaking expert local guides
- Airport meet & greet & return private transfers
- Entrance fees, taxes & tips, & excursions as stated
- Domestic flights included
- Welcome & farewell dinners
- 11 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 2 dinners
- Wifi in accommodation
- Scenic sundowner
Day 1 - Land in Beijing, China and visit the heart of the city and main square Tiananmen Square. Explore the mystical Forbidden city.
Day 2 - Visit the mighty Great China Wall's less popular and uncrowded Mutianyu section viewing Ming Dynasty watchtowers, merlons, and fortresses. Continue to the Summer Palace.
Day 3 - Design Your Day Activities:
- Option 1: Visit Beijing’s edgiest art community – 798 Art District.
- Option 2: Take a pedicab through Beijing’s winding alleyways, known as hutongs.
- Option 3: Get cultural at the Capital Museum.
Day 4 - Train journey to Xian.
Day 5 - Discover the legendary Terracotta Warriors. Visit the Great Mosque.
Day 6 - Fly to Guilin and marvel at the picturesque Elephant Trunk Hill. Explore the stunning Reed Flute Cave.
Day 7 - Sail down the Li River to Yangshuo and marvel at the peaceful Chinese countryside scenery along the way.
Day 8 - Design Your Day Activities in Yangshuo:
- Option 1: Partake in some painting at the Peony Xuan Art Gallery.
- Option 2: Browse the food markets with a local connoisseur.
- Option 3: Visit Fuli, a traditional village where paper fans are the main commodities and make a fan.
- Option 4: Ride a bike through Yangshuo’s picturesque countryside.
Day 9 - Fly to Shanghai and go for a walk around the streets of the cosmopolitan futuristic city.
Day 10 - Travel to the ancient water town of Zhujiajiao. Afterwards, go back to Shanghai and visit the Chinese Old Quarter and the Yuyuan Gardens.
Day 11 - Design your Day Activities in Shanghai:
- Option 1: Take a tour of the Bund.
- Option 2: Seek out some street food.
- Option 3: Enjoy the Shanghai Museum.
Day 12 - Depart Shanghai.
- Hotel Eclat Beijing is a 5-star boutique accommodation and a striking landmark on the Beijing skyline, standing impressively in the heart of the city’s downtown Central Business District. It also offers the opportunity to experience museum-quality art, featuring more than 100 pieces including sculptures and paintings.
- Taking a prime position in Xian’s well-heeled shopping district, the Shangri-La Xian, is a contemporary haven. Rooms set an elegant scene with dark wood, subtly patterned fabric and marble bathrooms.
- On the banks of the Li River, framed by karst peaks, the Shangri-La Guilin offers repose within Guilin’s picturesque mountain scenery. Interiors keep it traditional and elegant with dark wood furnishing, silk textiles and Chinese artwork depicting rural scenes.
- Alila Yangshuo Hotel - watch Li River wind between the dark karsts and verdant hills of the delicious landscape. The 117 rooms and suites all offer stylish private terraces with sublime views.
The Four Seasons Shanghai at Puxi sits in a historical sweet spot. Downtown’s buzzing streets and shikumen architecture stand right on the doorstep. Inside features contemporary decadence down to a tee with plush velvet sofas, modern chandeliers and fresh flowers.
Book early and the first four solo places won’t pay any single supplement. The same journey, the same luxury, guaranteed at the same price.
To provide you with flexibility and the latest flight offers, international flights are not included. Please enquire for the latest flight deals.
As long as there are at least two people booked on an A&K Escorted Tour, it will take place.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot