Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Riviera Travel Victoria Falls, Botswana Safari & Cape Town Tour.
This tour offers incredible variety: the amazing natural wonder of Victoria Falls, the enthralling safari experiences of Botswana and the sophisticated style of Cape Town.
- 8 nights' accommodation
- Breakfast, half-board basis at Chobe Safari Lodge or Mowana Safari Lodge & 2 lunches in Cape Town
- Scheduled direct flights to Johannesburg and returning from Cape Town
- Flights between South Africa and Zambia
- All transfers
- Walking tour of Victoria Falls
- Sunset Zambezi River cruise
- Game drive and boat safari in Chobe
- Full day guided tours to Cape Point and the Winelands including two lunches
- Services of an experienced Riviera tour manager
- Experience one of the world’s most spectacular natural wonders, the stunning Victoria Falls, with an optional helicopter flight
- Watch the fire-red sunset over the mighty Zambezi River during our sundowner cruise on the ‘African Queen’
- Explore Botswana’s vast Chobe National Park, one of the world’s most outstanding game reserves and home to one of the world’s largest elephant herds: the real heart of Africa
- Stay four nights in cosmopolitan Cape Town, one of the world’s most naturally beautiful cities, with guided tour
- Full-day tour to the Cape of Good Hope, see where two oceans meet experiencing unique flora and fauna, including Africa’s only penguin colony
- Tour the Western Cape’s stunning Wineland’s with its manicured scenery of endless vines and unique Cape Dutch architecture plus a visit and tasting at a 300-year old winery
Day 1 - Depart from your UK Airport
You should arrive at the airport for your overnight flight to Johannesburg.
Day 2 - Arrive in Livingstone
After your morning arrival you will connect with your onward 1 hour 50 minute flight to Livingstone in Zambia and our hotel for the night, the three-star superior Azani Victoria Falls resort, located just a short walk from Victoria Falls. All rooms are air-conditioned and brightly decorated in an African theme with a balcony or patio overlooking the extensive landscaped gardens.
Day 3 - Victoria Falls
This morning we approach Victoria Falls for an outstanding guided walking tour. The area around the falls is surrounded by a unique, lush rainforest eco-system, watered by the fine spray rising from the falls. As we pass through several rainbows arching through the mist, the roar of the falls intensifies and conversation becomes virtually impossible. The anticipation mounts and on your first view, you will fully appreciate why this is truly one of the wonders of the natural world!
Day 4 - Chobe Jeep Boat & Safari
There is simply nothing to beat the feeling of excited anticipation and rising expectation as we start our game drive in the half light of an African dawn, accompanied by a unique ‘dawn chorus’. Using specially adapted 10-seater open-sided safari vehicles we look out for big cats, giraffe and elephants. You will see a wide variety of game: beautiful impala, monkeys, warthogs, kudu, even leopards if we are lucky!
Day 5 - Free Day in Chobe
Today is at leisure at the Chobe Safari Lodge or Mowana Safari Lodge. You may either relax and enjoy the excellent facilities or take additional optional game drives or river safaris in this, the real heart of Africa. Alternatively, there is another optional, short excursion to Namibia just on the other side of the Chobe River or, you may wish to try your hand at fishing for the fearsome Tigerfish.
Day 6 - Fly to Cape Town
After breakfast we cross back into Zambia across the Chobe River and drive back to Livingstone airport. From Livingstone we fly (commercial jet) to Cape Town, via Johannesburg and transfer to our hotel, the four-star Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel for four nights bed and breakfast, beautifully located within walking distance of the V&A waterfront.
Day 7 - Cape of Good Cope
This morning we drive to Cape Point, visiting the legendary Cape of Good Hope, originally known as the Cape of Storms. We pass pristine beaches, the fishing harbour of Hout Bay and continue along the breathtakingly scenic Chapman’s Peak Drive, full of rugged seascapes and cliffs, to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, one of the world’s biodiversity hot-spots.
Day 8 - Winelands
Today you tour the awesomely beautiful Winelands. Set in a wide valley backed by majestic mountains, rows of manicured vines and orchards stretch into the distance, studded by lime-washed, often thatched, 300 year-old wineries built in the unique Cape Dutch style, sympathetically mirroring the undulations of the surrounding countryside. Later you visit the small town of Franschoek in a magnificent setting at the head of a valley, then elegant Stellenbosch, established 300 years ago and home to South Africa’s most prestigious university.
Day 9 - Free Day in Cape Town
Cape Town, featuring British, Dutch and Cape Malay influences, is simply one of the world’s most naturally beautiful cities, with so much to offer the visitor! Today is at leisure to explore as you wish. In addition to the excellent shopping and dining available within the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront complex, no visit to Cape Town would be complete without taking the revolving cable car to the summit of iconic Table Mountain, at the unofficial symbol of South Africa and with breathtaking views.
Day 10 - Return Flight
Your final day in Cape Town is again at leisure, before transferring to the airport at the appropriate time for your return flight to Heathrow via Johannesburg.
Day 11 - Arrive Home
You arrive back in the UK after an extraordinary tour.
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot