Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Luxury Gold The Sumptuous Soul of America
From Chicago to New Orleans, you will discover the true soul of America and its greatest feats; food and music. Savour the flavour of the different regions of the cosmopolitan Chicago, known for its amazing food and its jazz and blues, then journey south to St Louis, Louisville, Nashville, Memphis, Natchez and New Orleans. As you venture further into the south you will hear the country music of the American south delight your ears, then when you arrive in New Orleans, the energetic and sumptuous music of the birthplace of Jazz will awaken your soul.
- Chicago: Experience a world class Chicago hotel at The Gwen.
- Louisville: A favourite of Kentucky Derby attendees, The Brown Hotel is an opulent choice amongst travellers who will find a blend of Georgian Elegance, timeless Southern charm and impeccable service.
- Memphis: The Westin Memphis Beale Street Hotel connects you to the unmistakable sound, culture and history of the blues, whilst offering you a soothing and relaxing retreat.
- Nashville: Experience the finest in Southern hospitality at Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown.
- Natchez: The Monmouth Historic Inn and Gardens offers a unique combination of hospitality, world-class service and luxurious surroundings, set in a historic background.
- New Orleans: The iconic family-owned Hotel Monteleone offers an unparalleled combination of Southern hospitality, world-class service and historic surroundings inside the French Quarter.
- St Louis: Four Seasons Hotel St Louis is a five-star hotel with epic views of the Gateway Arch, located in the heart of downtown.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
- Louisville: Visit Churchill Downs on a private tour and meet the world famous horse jockey, Charles Woods Jr.
- Nashville: Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and get a private behind the scenes look at the songwriting process with a local songwriter and singer.
Day 1: Chicago
Welcome to Chicago. Upon arrival, you will be met and taken to your exclusive retreat near the Magnificent Mile. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine.
Day 2: Chicago
Start your discovery with one of the Windy City's greatest highs - the 360 Chicago Observation Deck. Continue your exploration during a 90-minute architectural river cruise and discover how the Great Fire of 1871 paved the way for the birth of the skyscraper. Enjoy a Highlight Dinner with wine at Gibson's Bar and Steakhouse, a classic Chicago style chophouse.
Day 3: St Louis
Journey to St Louis where you join an exclusive guided tour of the Fabulous Fox Theatre, opened in 1929. This vibrant city played host to the World's Fair and Olympics of 1904, with both being held at St Louis' prestigious Washington University.
Day 4: St Louis Arch to Louisville
Get a bird's-eye view of the city with a visit to the top of the famed St Louis Gateway Arch standing 630 feet (190 metres) tall. Next, head east through the Hoosier National Forest to Louisville. In the evening, enjoy dinner with wine at your hotel.
Day 5: Louisville
Continue your immersion into Louisville culture with an up-close look at some of Kentucky's most spirited residents during a visit to a retired horse farm. Enjoy a guided tour of the grounds where you will learn about some of the horses before visiting a bourbon distillery. Discover the secrets and meticulous details involved in the making of the South's signature spirit before indulging in a sampling. The evening is yours to enjoy.
Day 6: To Nashville
The fun continues with a guided historic walking tour of Churchill Downs to learn about the history of the Kentucky Derby, followed by a visit to the Kentucky Derby Museum. Gain an insider's perspective during a private visit with Charles Woods Jr, a retired jockey. Next, discover the history behind one of America's favourite sports cars at the National Corvette Museum where you'll have lunch. Dinner with wine is served at your hotel in the evening.
Day 7: Nashville
Enjoy a tour of historic Studio B with a professional sound engineer in a 30-minute, choir-style recording session. Take home a copy of the recording as a one-of-a-kind souvenir. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, full of memorabilia from stars such as Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn and Garth Brooks. Your Local Expert, a songwriter and singer, will tell you the stories behind the biggest hits sung by well-known country music stars. No trip to Nashville would be complete without a visit to the Grand Ole Opry. Attend a live taping of America's longest-running live radio programme.
Day 8: Memphis
Travel from the home of country music to the birthplace of blues and rock 'n' roll, where your day is at leisure to explore the museums and shops, or maybe try some Memphis barbecue? The evening is devoted to Graceland - as much an object of pilgrimage as a museum dedicated to the late, great, Elvis Presley. From the flowers and painted signs outside the gates, to the tear-streaked cheeks of fans inside, see the effect that Elvis and his music had on popular American culture. Meet George Klein, Elvis' close friend, and enjoy a casual dinner with wine.
Day 9: Memphis
Visit Sun Studios, where artists like Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash recorded revolutionary albums. Later, visit the National Civil Rights Museum tracing the history of the Civil Rights Movement in the United States from the 17th century to the present.
Day 10: Natchez
Depart for Natchez, founded by the French in 1716 when it became home to a flowering colonial culture. At your charming, luxury country mansion inn, whet your palate during a mixology class and learn the 'science' behind the signature drink of the South, the Mint Julep. Then enjoy a delectable four-course Highlight Dinner with wine, in the stunning main house.
Day 11: New Orleans
Stop at Frogmore Plantation and journey back to a time when cotton was king. With your costumed hosts, tour a reconstructed 19th century plantation. Get a glimpse into the sweet side of the South with a visit to Houmas House Plantation, once the largest producer of sugar in the country. In the evening, visit the New Orleans School of Cooking. Discover the flair of Creole cuisine during a lively cooking demonstration and enjoy the culinary creations over a special Highlight Dinner with wine.
Day 12: New Orleans sightseeing
Join a Local Expert for an atmospheric tour of the city. Learn about its rich history steeped in the myriad of cultures that have found a new home here. See Jackson Square and the Treme neighbourhood. Explore City Park and take a moment to perhaps enjoy a café au lait while admiring the oak trees. Next, visit one of the city's famous above ground cemeteries and learn about the local's uniquely joyful perspective on life and death.
Day 13: New Orleans
Start the day with a bayou expert on the rural side of the Crescent City, as you board a boat to meet the resident alligators and other fauna and flora. Enjoy some free time before gathering with your new friends and toasting to lifelong memories during a Farewell Celebration Dinner with wine, at the famous New Orleans restaurant, Arnaud's.
Day 14: Depart New Orleans
Bid 'Au Revoir' to the Big Easy in the morning. A complimentary transfer is provided to Louis Armstrong Airport or choose to extend your stay at Hotel Monteleone.
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot