Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Hurtigruten Antarctica – Highlights of the Frozen Continent
Get ready for a rare adventure! From Ushuaia you cross the Drake Passage and sail on to an unforgettable exploration of Antarctica. Meet penguins up close and touch icebergs with your bare hands. On board there is so much to do: Science Center, exciting lectures, and more, all designed to enhance your trip.
- 6 November 2020 - £7,080
- 16 November 2020 - £6,833
- 26 November 2020 - £6,491
- 6 December 2020 - £6,491
- 16 December 2020 - £7,333
- 26 December 2020 - £7,360
- 5 January 2021 - £7,360
- 15 January 2021 - £7,360
- Experience glaciers, nature and wildlife
- Go ashore in Antarctica and meet penguins up close
- Enjoy a high-tech Science Center and lectures on popular topics on board
- Enjoy landings and excursions with high class Expedition team
- Hurtigruten Expedition in cabin grade of your choice on a full board basis
- One hotel night in Buenos Aires before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Return economy flights Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
- Transfers in Ushuaia including an orientation tour
- Wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Landings with small boats and activities on board and ashore
- Professional English-speaking Expedition team that gives lectures as well as accompany landings and activities
- Free tea and coffee
Day 1: Buenos Aires
This adventure starts with an overnight stay in Buenos Aires, the bustling capital of Argentina.
Day 2: Buenos Aires/Ushuaia
Fly early in the morning to Ushuaia, where MS Midnatsol awaits. Once on board, we kick off our journey with a welcome-on-board dinner.
Days 3-4: Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for Antarctica as we cross the infamous Drake Passage, and trust us - it will overwhelm you! MS Midnatsol is designed especially to bring polar exploration to all ages and learning levels.
Days 5-10: Antarctica
You are now in one of the most remote areas on earth! There have been spectacular photo opportunities so far, but Antarctica itself is in a whole different category. Come ashore to explore the breath taking Antarctic scenery and to come close to penguins and seals. You will feel like a real explorer from the moment you set foot on the endless expanse of snow and ice. From the deck there will be ample opportunities to sight whales.
Days 11-12: Drake Passage
After exploring this exhilarating continent, we set course back to civilisation. Spend the day at sea recapping your experiences, having fun in the Activity Center or just relaxing on deck.
Day 13: Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
Sadly, every adventure must come to an end. It is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends when we reach Ushuaia. We transfer you to the airport for your flight back to Buenos Aires.
Departing on the following:
- 10th November 2019
- 21st November 2019
- 2nd December 2019
- 28th December 2019
- 10th February 2020
- 21st February 2020
- 3rd March 2020
The vessel's sun deck and hot tub are on deck 9. Key features on MS Midnatsol include the large, two-storey panorama lounge above the bow. Its wall-to-wall windows bathe the lounge in natural light and provide extraordinary views.
MS Midnatsol has her own onboard Expedition Team and serves as a university at sea. Interesting lectures, presentations and activities inside the ship as well as out on the sun deck make this an exciting and educational journey.
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
37 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot