Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on your Tauck Cowboy Country Tour
It’s time to hit the trail for an unforgettable Western adventure!
On this action-packed 8 tour, live the life of a cowboy by day at the T-A Guest Ranch in Wyoming, discover the amazing natural wonders of Yellowstone National Park and enjoy a white knuckle rafting adventure.
And nothing says "Wild West" like Buffalo Bill and a buckin' bronco rodeo; learn more about them when you spend the night in historic Cody.
- A cowboy-sized helping of Wyoming ranch life – with a cookhouse lunch, horseback ride, horse whisperer and roping demonstration at the T-A Guest Ranch, and a campfire and overnight at the Ranch at Ucross
- Visits to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, the Crazy Horse Memorial and Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- A night of authentic Western fun at the famous Cody Nite Rodeo in Cody, the "rodeo capital of the world"
- Two-night stay in a Yellowstone National Park lodge near Old Faithful, and a full-day park exploration with a wilderness expert
- Scenic float trip on the Snake River with a guide who helps spot river otters, eagles, beaver, elk – maybe even a moose
- A peek into the story of the Mormon Row Historic District inside Grand Teton National Park and the effort to preserve its historic structures, supported by Tauck
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- 17 meals (7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 6 dinners); gratuities to Tauck Director, local guides and drivers; service charges, taxes and porterage
Day 1: Welcome to Jackson & Grand Teton National Park
Your holiday begins at 5:45 PM at the Jackson Lake Lodge. A transfer is included from Jackson Hole Airport to Jackson Lake Lodge in the heart of Grand Teton National Park. Meet the new friends who will share this Cowboy Country adventure with your family at our welcome reception and dinner.
Day 2: Snake River raft trip, Mormon Row & Jackson
Marvel at the mountain majesty of Grand Teton National Park before setting off on a rafting adventure* down the Snake River. Along the way, your guide will help you spot the beavers, eagles, elks and other animals that live in the park. After lunch at your choice of restaurants at the lodge, head to the park's Mormon Row Historic District, whose preservation is being supported by a grant from Tauck.
Day 3: On to Yellowstone, the world's first national park
You may want to check out the American Indian artwork and artefacts on display at Grand Teton National Park's Colter Bay Visitor Center before travelling on this morning to Yellowstone National Park, established in 1872 as America's (and the world's) first national park – where your historic "home away from home" for the next two nights, the Old Faithful Inn, is just steps away from the famous Old Faithful Geyser, shooting up to 184 feet in the air approximately every 90 minutes!
Day 4: Mud pots & more on a perfect day in Yellowstone
Wake up to a world of amazing natural wonders in Yellowstone National Park and spend the day sightseeing in the park with local experts from The Institute of the Yellowstone Association, who share information about the park and its abundant wildlife as you explore; Yellowstone protects threatened or endangered species including the gray wolf, whooping crane, lynx, grizzly bear and bald eagle.
Day 5: All about Buffalo Bill's West & rodeo fun in Cody
Say goodbye to Yellowstone and continue your Wyoming holiday to the historic town of Cody, Wyoming, founded in part by the famous "Buffalo Bill" Cody, from whom the town got its name. Have a western-style dinner and then thrill to bucking broncos, steer wrestlers, calf ropers and barrel riders and more at the nationally famous Cody Nite Rodeo – a fixture since 1938 here in Cody, often called the "rodeo capital of the world."
Day 6: A big helping of cowboy life down on the ranch
Journey through Wyoming's Bighorn Mountains today, past deep canyons, vast grasslands, and blankets of wildflowers en route to one of the highlights of your Wyoming holiday – a double dose of Western ranch life that your family will love!
Day 7: Black Hills giants – Crazy Horse & Mt. Rushmore
Depart the Ranch at Ucross and Wyoming and head for the Black Hills of South Dakota. Look up in wonder at the Crazy Horse Memorial, where you'll view the work in progress as artisans carve the likeness of the famous Lakota warrior out of the mountain.
Day 8: Journey Home
Tour ends: Rapid City. Fly home anytime; a transfer is included from K Bar S Lodge to Rapid City Regional Airport. Allow a minimum of two hours for flight check-in.
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot