Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on Hurtigruten Spitsbergen and Polar Bears - An Arctic Adventure
Experience a summer adventure discovering the beauty of Spitsbergen. For 6 days, experience the sights of the Arctic landscape, from the glaciers to the bird cliffs and hopefully the opportunity of a polar bear or two. On board the MS Nordstjernen, guests can enjoy a voyage like no other as it sails as far north as the 80th parallel! Hurtrigruten Spitsbergen & Polar Bears is an arctic adventure where you'll get an insight into the extraordinary Arctic Circle and get to witness the Midnight Sun.
During the entire adventure, the programme of shore excursions will take you close to both Arctic wildlife and the cultural reminders of the early whaling era.
- Chance of seeing polar bears
- Cross 80° N and come ashore to explore the Arctic wilderness
- Experience the Midnight Sun (until 23 August), giving you 24 hours of daylight to discover Svalbard
- Expedition on board the nostalgic MS Nordstjernen
- Hurtigruten Expedition in cabin grade of your choice on a full board basis
- Transfer airport to hotel in Longyearbyen
- One hotel night in Longyearbyen before the voyage including breakfast:
-Radisson Blu Polar Hotel when booking A, I, J or N grade cabins
-Coal Miner's Cabin when booking D or E grade cabins
- 3 hours Sightseeing in Longyearbyen incl. Museum and Camp Barentz, ending at the pier
- Transfer ship to hotel in Longyearbyen
- One hotel night in Longyearbyen after the voyage incl. light lunch, dinner and early morning snack
- Transfer hotel to airport in Longyearbyen
- Landings with small boats and activities on board and ashore. All included
- Professional English-speaking Expedition team that gives lectures on shore as well as accompanies landings and activities
- Free coffee and tea
Day 1: Longyearbyen
Your adventure starts with an overnight stay in Longyearbyen. This Norwegian settlement is a unique little town. While the arctic environment is dominant, it is also a surprisingly cosmopolitan place, with art galleries, pubs, long wine lists at restaurants, stores and a mini-mall. Longyearbyen is often called an antidote to the stress of modern day life and is a prime destination for adventure travellers.
Day 2: Longyearbyen and Barentsburg
After breakfast, you are invited to a guided sightseeing tour in Longyearbyen that includes visits to the Svalbard Museum and Gallery Svalbard.
Day 3: Woodfjorden and Liefdefjorden
The North West Spitsbergen National Park offers islands, fjords and beaches.
Day 4: Ny-Ålesund
Kongsfjorden is the largest fjord in the Northwest coast of Spitsbergen.
Day 5: Isfjorden and Longyearbyen
Located in central Spitsbergen, Isfjorden is the most prominent fjord system on Svalbard
Day 6: Longyearbyen - The Last Day
Your Spitsbergen adventure is over. After transfer to the airport, it's time for the flight back home.
MS Nordstjernen is equipped with a dining room and bar, a café, a panorama lounge and a library. Inside you’ll find cosy interior and exterior cabins, the majority of which have upper and lower berths. All rooms and deck surfaces exhibit that old, beautiful wood.
This voyage departs on selected dates between May - September 2019.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot