Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on G Adventures The Realm of the Polar Bear
Scour the ice and tundra in search of the elusive polar bear and encounter even more icebergs, glaciers, and unique wildlife than you ever thought possible on this 11-day expedition. Search for lounging seals, grazing reindeer, and colonies of birds under the midnight sun.
- 10 nts aboard the G Expedition
- Arrival transfer
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
- Lectures and educational programs
- Insulated, waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 6 - 16
- Expedition parka
- Take a turn on "polar bear watch" with a member of the expedition staff
- Opt to challenge yourself with a polar plunge
- Capture a herd of Svalbard reindeer in your viewfinder
- Enjoy spectacular vistas under the midnight sun
- Learn from lectures on history and natural sciences
Day 1: Longyearbyen
Get a first glimpse of the midnight sun in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen's capital. Transfer from the city to the G Expedition for a late afternoon embarkation.
Days 2–10: Spitsbergen
Each day is planned to take advantage of local ice and weather conditions. Svalbard is one of the few places on the planet to offer such a plethora of natural and historical extravaganzas. Spend the next nine days exploring the remote polar regions. Visit ice-sculpted fjords with breathtaking mountain scenery, and glaciers crashing into the sea. Spend time exploring pack ice edges in search of polar bears hunting seals. At one or more of the stops, it's possible to encounter Svalbard's Arctic fox and the region's unique reindeer.
Day 11: Longyearbyen
On departure day, transfers to the Longyearbyen airport will be offered to all passengers with flights scheduled.
Physical Rating: 2 - Light
Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot