Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Exodus Finnish Wilderness Week.
In the heart of Oulanka National Park sits Basecamp Oulanka, a self-sustained complex of wooden buildings in a truly stunning location. As the only accommodation for miles around, you are able to enjoy a variety of winter activities in this beautiful landscape and hardly ever see another soul. Dogsledding through the silent snow-caked forests of the nearby Riisitunturi National Park, you couldn’t feel more removed from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 7 dinners
- All accommodation (see accommodation section)
- All transport and listed activities
- Local tour leaders throughout
- Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- All specialist equipment
- Enjoy a host of winter activities in magical surroundings
- Stay in fantastic lodge accommodation
- Experience an evening Northern Lights snowshoe
Day 1: Fly to Kuusamo; transfer to Basecamp Oulanka (approx. 45mins)
Day 2: Snowshoe hike in Oulanka National park walking through snow-caked trees and the Kitkajoki River
Day 3: Cross-country skiing in the morning heading down to the Juuma lake; free afternoon
Day 4: Half day dogsledding instruction and tour (about 10km) in Riisitunturi National Park; optional ice climbing
Day 5: Free day in Ruka; morning option of snowmobile safari; afternoon option of downhill skiing
Day 6: Wilderness skills including quinzee building and fire-making; optional night in the quinzee
Day 7: Optional activities including ice climbing and snowmobiling; dinner around a campfire
Day 8: Transfer to Kuusamo; fly to London
Basecamp Oulanka is a superb self-sustaining wooden complex that takes immediate inspiration from its wilderness location. Twin rooms with en suite bathrooms are in two separate buildings. The third building is a cosy restaurant and bar, with a log fire, sauna and outdoor hot tub.
- 7 nights Basecamp Oulanka: twin rooms with en suite bathrooms in two separate buildings
- 5 days mixed activities
- Group normally starting from 6, plus leaders. Min age 16 years
- All Arctic winter equipment and clothing provided
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot