Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Great Rail Journeys Venice Simplon-Orient Express
Take in seductive Tuscany and beguiling Venice, before boarding the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, stepping back in time to a world of romance, indulgence and adventure.
- First Class rail travel
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Siena and a Tuscan Winery
- The ‘Floating City’ of Venice
- Pisa and Lucca
- The services of a professional UK Tour Manager from start to finish
- First Class rail travel throughout
- Flight from London to Pisa
- 6 nights' hotel accommodation, including 4 nights at the 4-Star Starhotels Michelangelo in Florence and 2 nights at the 4-Star Hotel Splendid in Venic
- 1 night on board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- 13 meals, including 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 4 dinners, including a farewell dinner in Venice
- Guided tour of Florence
- Visit Siena, with a guided tour
- Excursion to a Tuscan winery
- Visit Pisa, including the Leaning Tower, and Lucca
- Discover Venice with a local guide
- Embark on a journey on the world-famous Venice Simplon- Orient-Express
- Complete your journey on board the Belmond British Pullman
- Parts of this holiday make use of portable audio headsets on guided tours, allowing you to hear your guide clearly wherever in the group you are.
Day 1: To Florence
Your holiday begins with a flight to Pisa, home to Italy's famous Leaning Tower. On arrival, we transfer to our hotel in Florence, a city synonymous with Italy's art culture, often referred to as the 'jewel of the Renaissance.' After time to settle in at our hotel, the 4-Star Starhotels Michelangelo, we enjoy dinner together in the hotel's restaurant this evening.
Day 2: Discovering Florence on a guided tour
We enjoy a guided tour of Florence's many treasures today, including the Duomo with its iconic red-tiled dome, and the beautiful Ponte Vecchio - a 14th century bridge that is home to 43 jewellers' shops.
Day 3: Siena and a Tuscan winery
Our excursion today is to delightful Siena, a remarkably well-preserved medieval city that boasts a mix of narrow streets, pretty open spaces and magnificent buildings focused around the great central Campo, a shell-shaped piazza.
Day 4: Pisa and Lucca
After breakfast today, we travel by rail (Standard Class) to Pisa, where we have a guided tour that includes the city's beautiful Field of Miracles. Here we see the world famous Leaning Tower, which began to lean as soon as it was built and was used by Galileo to study gravity, and the marvellous white marble Duomo.
Day 5: On to Venice in First Class
Sit back and enjoy our First Class train journey to Venice, the floating city of shimmering waterways, elaborate bridges and ornate palaces. Arriving at the city's Santa Lucia station we are greeted by a truly glorious view of the shimmering Grand Canal, before we transfer to our hotel, the Hotel Splendid Venice.
Day 6: At leisure exploring Venice
Today gives you the opportunity to further explore Venice. Perhaps visit the nearby island of Burano, famous for its lace-making and full of colourful streets lined with pastel-painted houses, or the island of Murano, which is renowned for its gorgeous glassware.
Day 7: The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
This morning we embark on the highlight of our adventure, as we board the world-famous Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. This glorious train harks back to the 'Golden Age' of rail travel in its sumptuous interiors and exceptional service. We are welcomed on board with a glass of sparkling wine, after which your steward settles you into your comfortable private vintage cabin.
Day 8: The Belmond British Pullman
We wake up on board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express this morning, where a continental breakfast is served at a time of your choosing in your private cabin. Sit back and watch the final landscapes pass by, before we pull in to Paris
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot