Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Great Rail Journeys Italian Adventure
This 11-day adventure takes you to the highlights of Italy in less than a fortnight. This captivating holiday soaks up Italian splendour from the waterways of Venice to the culture of Florence, the ancient relics of Rome and the scenery of Sorrento.
An escorted experience and all travel arrangements
- The services of a professional UK Tour Manager from start to finish
- Exclusive meeting point at our dedicated Departure Office in St Pancras
- Standard Class rail travel throughout
- Flight from Naples to London Gatwick
Comfortable accommodation in your destination
- 11 nights' hotel accommodation including 1 outbound overnight stay in Turin, 2 nights at the 4-Star Hotel on the Venice Lido, 3 nights at the 4-Star Grand Hotel Francia e Quirinale in Montecatini, 2 nights at the 3-Star Smooth Hotel Repubblica in Rome, and 3 nights at the 4-Star Hotel Majestic in Sorrento
Delicious meals included
- 17 meals including 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch at a Sorrento agriturismo, and 5 dinners, including a farewell dinner in Sorrento
Exciting excursions and free time to explore
- Excursions to Lucca, Pisa, and the villages of the Amalfi Coast
- Sightseeing tours of Rome, Venice and Florence
- Visit a Sorrento agriturismo, with lunch and a limoncello tasting
- Excursion to Pompeii, with a guided tour and free time
- Parts of this holiday make use of portable audio headsets on guided tours, allowing you to hear your guide clearly wherever in the group you are
- Lucca and Pisa
- Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast
GRAND HOTEL FRANCIA E QUIRINALE, MONTECATINI TERME
We stay at the 4-Star Grand Hotel Francia e Quirinale, a traditional Liberty style hotel in the heart of Montecatini Terme, the beautiful Tuscan spa town. Owned and run by the same family for four generations, the Grand Hotel Francia e Quirinale has been offering a warm and friendly welcome for many years.
BEST WESTERN HOTEL UNIVERSO, ROME
The elegant 4-Star Best Western Hotel Universo, located in the centre of Rome, close to the railway station and the city's central attractions. The hotel occupies a charming 19th century building and has two restaurants, a bar, fitness room, sauna, steam room and water-massage shower.
HOTEL MAJESTIC, SORRENTO
The 4-Star Hotel Majestic in Sant' Agnello enjoys superb views of the Sorrento Peninsula and the infamous volcano, Mount Vesuvius. With an excellent location, minutes away from the bay and the waterfront.
BIASUTTI HOTEL, VENICE
The 4-Star Hotel Biascutti is set in a Venetian villa on the Venice Lido, within 15 minutes' walk of the sandy beach. St Mark's Square is easily accessible by water bus, and each room is decorated in a classic style.
Day 1: London to Turin
We leave St Pancras after meeting at our exclusive Departure Office. Travelling on the Eurostar we make our way to Paris. Here, we change trains and continue to Turin, where we overnight.
Day 2: To Venice
After breakfast, you have a morning at leisure in which to explore Turin, a stylish city that boasts airy city squares, verdant parks and broad boulevards of Renaissance architecture. This afternoon we leave Turin behind, travelling by high-speed rail to the spectacular 'Floating City' of Venice.
Day 3: Exploring Venice
Our excursion today takes in the highlights of incomparable Venice, a city synonymous with romance and instantly recognisable waterways. We are transferred by boat from the Lido to Venice itself, where we are met by a local guide for an insightful tour of the city.
Day 4: To Florence
Leaving Venice behind after breakfast, we travel by rail this morning to Florence, a delightful Tuscan city known as the 'jewel of the Renaissance', which we soak up on a guided tour. From here, we are transferred to our hotel, situated in Montecatini, in the Tuscan countryside.
Day 5: Lucca and Pisa
We begin today with a visit to Lucca, a hidden gem of Tuscany that has escaped the tourist crowds, despite its beautifully-preserved medieval architecture.
Days 6-7: Rome
The next stop on our Italian adventure is Rome, the nation's ancient capital. We transfer by rail to the 'Eternal City', where there is free time to freshen up ahead of a guided sightseeing tour, taking in key points of interest, including the Trevi Fountain, a wonderfully detailed sculpture set in a tiny square and the iconic Colosseum.
Days 8-9: Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast
After breakfast today we leave Rome behind, travelling by rail to Naples, then transferring by coach to Sorrento, our home for the next three nights.
Day 10: Pompeii
Today we visit the famous city of Pompeii, a historical testament to the power of Vesuvius.
Day 11: Return to the UK
We leave Italy behind today, transferring back to Naples airport for our flight back to London Gatwick. On arrival in the UK, your tour concludes, and you are free to make your own way home from the airport.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot