Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on Insight Vacations Country Roads of Ireland
Experience the wild, enchanting coastal routes as you explore the Emerald Isle. Along the way you'll encounter ruined castles, quiet lakes, natural wonders and some legendary characters.
- Dublin: Enjoy VIP priority entrance to the Book of Kells and a guided walk though Trinity College with a university insider.
- Kildare: Join an equine professional for a behind-the-scenes look at the Irish National Stud. Then visit the finest Japanese Gardens in Europe, for a ‘journey through life' as you wander by the beautiful floral displays.
- Kilkenny: Kilkenny has the greatest amount of All-Ireland titles of its national sport of hurling. Meet a player to gain an exciting insight into this unique Irish cultural experience, through a demonstration of skill.
- Killarney: Hear the history, legend and folklore of Killarney from a local Jarvey, while on-board a famous jaunting car ride.
- Londonderry: There's no better way to experience sightseeing than with one of Northern Ireland's best storytellers, Ronan, as he takes you on a tour inside the city walls. See the Gothic Guildhall and the Georgian houses of Shipquay Street.
- Belfast: Meet Hilda, a true Belfast local, having lived in the same house her entire life. During your panoramic tour, hear the history of the city and learn why Hilda is proud of its progress and current prosperity. You'll also see the City Hall, Queen's University, Parliament Building at Stormont and murals in different locations indicating political sentiments of local residents.
- VIP door-to-door transfer service – taken directly from your door to departing airport.
- Airport transfers at the destination.
- Quality accommodation as per itinerary.
- Experiences & quality dining as per itinerary.
- A coach with more legroom, air-conditioning, sound system, video & Wi-Fi.
Day 1: Dublin
On arrival at Dublin Airport, transfers leave for your hotel at 08:00, 11:00 & 13:30. Later, join your Tour Director for a warm and friendly
Day 2: Dublin Sightseeing
Become acquainted with Dublin's elegant squares during a guided tour.
Day 3 Dublin to Cork
In the morning, visit one of the country’s main racehorse breeding centres. Continue to the acclaimed 100 year old Japanese Gardens where you can ‘journey through life’ during a walk through the beautiful surrounds. Travel to the medieval city of Kilkenny, home of the world's fastest field game.
Day 4: Across the Mountains to Killarney
Travel to the ruined Blarney Castle. Will you hang upside down from the ramparts to kiss the stone and ensure a lifetime of eloquence? Travel across the majestic Derrynasaggart Mountains to the peaceful town of Killarney.
Day 5: Ring of Kerry Experience
Start your day with a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys. Take a leisurely excursion around the magnificent Ring of Kerry. Here, mountains, valleys, lakes and sea blend into a landscape that is breathtaking beyond words.
Day 6: Around the Dingle Peninsula
In the morning, take to the wide skies, peaceful towns and coastal scenery of the Dingle Peninsula - the setting for the film Ryan’s Daughter. Drive to dramatic Slea Head at the peninsula’s far end, then continue through the picturesque thatched village of Adare and pass Limerick
Day 7: The Cliff of Moher and then Galway.
Journey to the Visitor Centre at the 700-foot Cliffs of Moher. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Clare Coast before a delightful drive through the strange, rocky landscape of the Burren to Galway Bay.
Day 8: Day at leisure in Galway
Spend a day at leisure to relax and enjoy Galway and Aran islands.
Day 9: Londonderry
Continue on to County Sligo, stopping at a peaceful churchyard in Drumcliffe to visit the final resting place of Ireland's famous poet, William Butler Yeats. Admire the Blue Stack Mountains of Donegal as you cross into Northern Ireland bound for the ancient walled city of 'Derry.'
Day 10: Ballygally
Journey to the legendary Giant's Causeway on the way to Ballygally.
Day 11: The Antrim Coast to Belfast
Continue around the Antrim Coast, past the huge Norman castle at Carrickfergus, to arrive in the Northern Ireland capital of Belfast.
Day 12: Depart Dublin
An early departure transfer will arrive at Dublin airport at 08:00. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home.
Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot