Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on your Cox & Kings Across the Southern Caucasus tour.
Discover the marvelous Southern Caucasus region with this unforgettable Cox & Kings tour. Follow the iconic Great Silk Road through the "Land of fire" Azerbaijan, a vibrant modern country situated on the shores of the Caspian Sea and offering the best of both worlds - the Eastern and the Western civilizations. Enjoy the stunning mountain scenery, numerous authentic vineyards and picturesque small villages in Georgia, the home of the wine and the First European man. Explore the mystical lands of the First Christian country - Armenia and its rich historical and cultural heritage. Immerse yourself into the traditional Armenian spiritual music and taste your cooking skills in a masterclass for traditional Armenian pasta. Go off the beaten track and experience the magic of the cosmopolitan pearls of Eurasia - Tbilisi, Baku and Yerevan.
- Explore the beautiful Khan Palace in Sheki, Azerbaijan
- Enjoy wine & cognac tasting
- Discover the Caucasus's rich cultural and religious heritage by visiting the Garni Temple, the Noravank and Geghard monasteries
- Immerse yourself into the performance of Armenian spiritual music
- Follow the tracks of the iconic Silk road and explore the region's mystical historical legacy
- Learn how to cook arishta, traditional Armenian pasta
- Stay in 4-star accommodation
- Small group size - maximum 24 people
• Flexible - extensions, room & flight upgrades available
• Small group size (max 24 people)
• International flights
• Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
• Experienced local tour manager
• 13 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 dinners
• Guided sightseeing & entrance fees
• Welcome drink
Day 1 - Fly to Baku, Azerbaijan.
Day 2 - Explore Gobustan, visit Absheron and the Ateshgyakh Fire Worshippers' temple and finish the day with an amazing tour of the Old City of Baku.
Day 3 - Travel to Shemahka and visit the Yeddi Gumbez mausoleum. Discover Sheki and Kish.
Day 4 - Explore the stunning Palace of Sheki Khan, visit an authentic vineyard and continue to Telavi, Georgia.
Day 5 - Wander around a local market in Telavi to learn how the traditional wine jars are made and continue to Sighnaghi. Drive to Tbilisi.
Day 6 - Discover the cosmopolitan Georgian capital - Tbilisi.
Day 7 - Explore Gori, the birthplace of Joseph Stalin and visit two of the cites along the iconic Silk road - Uplistsikhe and Kazbegi.
Day 8 - Visit the14th-century Gergeti Trinity church and enjoy some free time in the afternoon in Tbilisi.
Day 9 - Head to the UNESCO's World Heritage site the Haghpat monastery and continue to Yerevan, Armenia's capital.
Day 10 - Immerse yourself into the Armenian traditional music with a dance performance in Garni and visit Geghard Monastery for a lunch with a local family.
Day 11 - Explore the ancient cathedral of Ejmiatsin, the seventh-century Zvartnots temple and take part in authentic cooking lessons in Parakar.
Day 12 - Discover the vibrant capital Yerevan.
Day 13 - Visit Khor Virap monastery, Noravank monastery and enjoy a wine tasting in Areni.
Day 14 - Fly to London.
- Chateau Mere, Telavi - an iconic hotel situated in an old stone castle and overlooking the vineyards with the Caucasus mountains and Alazani valley below
- Hotel Porta Caucasia, Kazbegi - located in the magnificent Kazbegi National Park and offering some of the traditional Georgian cuisine's most exquisite dishes
- Sapphire Hotel, Baku - offering spectacular views of Baku's skyline and just minutes away from the historic Old town
- Sheki Saray Hotel, Sheki - a fabulous 4-star lodging facility right next to the central park
- Shota @ Rustaveli Boutique Hotel, Tbilisi - an elegant hotel in the heart of vibrant Tbilisi offering traditional meals with a modern twist
- Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel, Yerevan - a landmark 19th-century hotel in the center of Yerevan, decorated with handmade authentic rugs and blankets
Prices above are per person in pounds sterling (£), based on two people sharing a twin room. The prices which were valid at the time of publication may be subject to change, particularly as a result of variable flight costs. You will be informed of any such changes prior to booking. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
This itinerary can be taken privately on a date that suits you, for which guideline prices are shown. Alternatively, it can be tailored to your exact requirements.
Pre- and post-tour extensions are available in Baku or Yerevan. Please speak to a member of the team for details by calling on 0800 707 6229.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot