Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on AAT Kings Untamed Kimberley Guided Holiday.
Immerse yourself into the unspoiled wilderness of Australia's Northern Territory - Kimberley. Marvel at the breathtaking views of the iconic Cable Beach and hike the majestic Emma Gorge. Take a river cruise across Australia's Outback and discover the country's abundant wildlife. Visit the tropical capital Darwin and explore the mystic cave paintings of Indigenous artists.
- Discover Darwin's city sights
- Cruise Katherine Gorge and take a look at ancient rock art
- See the Katherine Outback Experience show
- Take a thrilling boat ride on the Ord River
- Explore Hidden Valley (Mirima) National Park
- Admire views of Kununurra from Kelly’s Knob Lookout
- Hike up Emma Gorge
- Marvel at the iconic Cable Beach sunset
- Explore the famous Argyle Diamond Mine, the world’s largest source of coloured diamonds.
- Spot the mighty Aussie crocodiles.
- Quality accommodation
- Travel by luxury coach
- Airport transfers
- 10 Full buffet breakfasts
- 7 Dinners with wine
- 2 Lunches
- 1 Be My Guest dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
Day 1 Welcome to Darwin
Take an afternoon tour of cosmopolitan Darwin, Australia’s only tropical capital.
Day 2 Darwin - Katherine
Travel on via Katherine to Nitmiluk National Park, where a tranquil cruise along the spectacular Katherine Gorge will allow you to sense the spirituality of the land. Watch the amazing show Katherine Outback Experience.
Day 3 Katherine - Kununurra
Visit Durack Homestead. Later, cruise along the Ord River and discover its abundant marine life. Continue to Kununurra.
Day 4 Kununurra
Explore Kununurra on an exciting tour.
Day 5 Kununurra - Emma Gorge
This morning, take a guided tour of an Ord River rum distillery before travelling on to Parry Lagoons Nature Reserve.
Day 6 El Questro
Take a cruise on Chamberlain Gorge. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
Day 7 Emma Gorge - Halls Creek
Today join a local Indigenous guide for a tour of the famous Argyle Diamond Mine, the world’s largest source of coloured diamonds. Continue south to the historic town of Halls Creek.
Day 8 Halls Creek - Fitzroy Crossing
Explore a gallery of Indigenous artists. Cruise with a local guide through magnificent Geikie Gorge and you have a chance of spotting the mighty Aussie crocodiles.
Day 9 Fitzroy Crossing - Broome
Enjoy a town tour and visit the fascinating Japanese Cemetery and nearby Gantheaume Point, whose rugged red cliffs rise in stark contrast to the cobalt blue waters.
Day 10 Broome Free Time
Today is yours to explore topical Broome.
Day 11 Farewell from Broome
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and the convenience of close proximity to Darwin’s CBD.
- The Paraway Motel is within walking distance to the town centre. Set in tropical gardens with a shaded pool, Paraway Motel is a great place to relax while on holiday.
- Centrally located in the heart of Kununurra and just five minutes from the airport, the Kununurra Country Club Resort features smart, modern rooms set amongst lush tropical gardens – the perfect retreat after a long day exploring Kimberley World Heritage Area.
- Hidden within the fiery red of El Questro's Cockburn Ranges, lies the spectacular Emma Gorge Resort with excellent facilities.
- The Kimberley Hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the local airport and approximately 500 metres from the town centre. It offers stylish Kimberley accommodation and boasts the largest motel units in the region.
- Fitzroy River Lodge is located in the heart of the Kimberley. Situated on the banks of the mighty Fitzroy River, Fitzroy River Lodge offers a wide range of accommodation to suit all travellers.
- Cable Beach Club offers a place to unwind, with two glistening pools, delicious cuisine at a choice of three restaurants, leisure facilities, the first Australian L'Occitane spa and a personal touch to every experience.
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Warm layers in cooler months
- Swimwear and beach towel
- Day 1 - flights to arrive prior to 2.00pm into Darwin Airport
- Day 11 – flights to depart anytime from Broome Airport
Moderate: The hike to Emma Gorge is classified as difficult. It may not be suitable for all guests.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot