Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on AAT Kings East Coast Islands & Rainforest Guided Holiday.
Discover the marvellous coastline of Eastern Australia on a journey that takes you from the vibrant Sydney to tranquil Port Macquarie and the surf capital - the city of Gold Coast. Cruise to beautiful Fraser Island and the breathtaking Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays and head to tropical Cairns to discover the iconic Great Barrier Reef. Take it slow in the Hunter Valley and taste the famous Aussie wine. Visit the beef capital of Australia - the remote Rockhampton cattle station.
- Enjoy a delicious winery lunch and wine tasting in the Hunter Valley
- Visit Australia Zoo, home of the Irwin family
- See the cute koalas at Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital
- Take an exciting 4WD tour on Fraser Island
- Taste local produce at the Ohana Exotic Fruit Orchard
- Stop at the Sarina Sugar Shed for a guided tour and lunch at a miniature sugar mill
- Stay on Hamilton Island – everyone has a view over the Whitsundays from their balcony
- Cruise to spectacular Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsundays
- Relax in idyllic Mission Beach
- Skirt across the treetops on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef
- Comfortable accommodation
- Travel by luxury coach
- Experienced Travel Director & Driver Guide
- Airport transfers
- 12 Full buffet breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 1 Be My Guest dinner
- 4 Dinners with wine
Day 1 Sydney – Port Macquarie
Leave Sydney today bound for the renowned Hunter Valley, one of Australia’s major wine regions, and visit an authentic vineyard. Continue to Port Macquarie.
Day 2 Port Macquarie – Gold Coast
Travel on this morning to Cape Byron Lighthouse to experience superb views over the Pacific Ocean. A scenic coastal drive this afternoon takes you to the legendary holiday destination of the Gold Coast, famed for its long sandy beaches and world-class surf breaks.
Day 3 Gold Coast Included Choice
Today choose one from a selection of Included Choice sightseeing experiences.
Day 4 Gold Coast – Noosa
Head north this morning, stopping in Brisbane for a short orientation tour of the vibrant state capital, then continue to Australia Zoo, made famous by the late Steve Irwin and his family. Your final destination today is the beachside resort town of Noosa.
Day 5 Noosa Free Time
Take time out today to discover Noosa for yourself.
Day 6 Noosa – Fraser Island
Today cross the Great Sandy Strait by ferry to explore the wonders of World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island.
Day 7 Hervey Bay – Rockhampton
After breakfast, your first stop is Ohana Exotic Fruit Orchard for a guided tour and the opportunity to try some local flavours and produce. Later, leave Hervey Bay and travel to Langmorn Station. Cross the Tropic of Capricorn as you arrive in Rockhampton, the beef capital of Australia.
Day 8 Rockhampton – Hamilton Island
Travel north to the sugar town of Sarina today for a guided tour of a unique miniature sugar mill and distillery. Take the ferry to Hamilton Island and marvel at the breathtaking views of the Great Barrier Reef and discover its abundant marine life.
Day 9 Hamilton Island
Cruise to spectacular Whitehaven Beach, regarded by many as the best beach in Australia.
Day 10 Hamilton Island – Mission Beach
Visit Mission Beach, a seaside town with World Heritage rainforest on one side and the Great Barrier Reef on the other.
Day 11 Mission Beach – Cairns
Before departing, wander along the shores of Mission Beach, with glorious views to Dunk and Bedarra Islands. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the heritage-listed 500-year-old Curtain Fig Tree, and keep an eye out for the magnificent Ulysses butterfly. Travel on to Cairns via the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and enjoy the stunning panoramic views.
Day 12 Great Barrier Reef
Board a sleek, high-speed catamaran today and cruise out to the iconic Great Barrier Reef.
Day 13 Farewell from Cairns
- Waters Edge Port Macquarie offers a relaxing environment on the picturesque water's edge of the Hastings River. Waters Edge Port Macquarie is also only a short stroll away from breathtaking beaches, shopping areas and tourist outlets.
- Nestled amidst the beautiful beaches and thriving shopping, dining and nightlife of Australia’s Gold Coast, Novotel Surfers Paradise is ideally situated, just minutes from the surf.
- Located in the heart of cosmopolitan Hastings Street, The Sebel Noosa is surrounded by world-class restaurants, cafés and upmarket fashion boutiques just moments from Noosa's Main Beach and the beautiful Noosa River.
- Mantra Hervey Bay makes a perfect base for sightseeing. Overlooking the famous calm waters where migrating humpback whales frolic with their newborns during Hervey Bay whale watching season.
- The Quality Regent Hotel Rockhampton is part of the Choice group of quality hotels and offers superior accommodation and professional functions facilities in a premier position in the CBD.
- With large, comfortable, modern rooms, the Reef View Hotel offers a perfect getaway for couples, families or groups of friends. Spacious, comfortable and with most rooms boasting incredible sea views, the Reef View Hotel offers stylish and family-friendly Hamilton Island accommodation.
- Castaways Resort & Spa is your ultimate beachfront escape in the tropics. Idyllically bound by the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Wet Tropics Rainforest, Castaways resort is the perfect destination for couples, families or groups of friends.
- The Hilton Cairns hotel boasts a unique tropical setting, enjoying spectacular scenery surrounded by lush gardens.
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Jacket in cooler months
- Swimwear and beach towel
Day Prior Flights to arrive anytime into Sydney Airport
Day 13 Flights to depart anytime from Cairns Airport
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot