A quick, free call on 0800 707 6229 or email for huge extra savings on Abercrombie & Kent The Spice Lands of Sri Lanka Escorted tour.
Discover the spectacular 3000 years old cultural heritage of Sri Lanka, while at the same time marvelling at the country's majestic scenery, peaceful rural surroundings and abundant wildlife. Explore Polonnaruwa, the second most ancient kingdom of the country which boasts of Irrigation systems that still provide irrigation water to the farmers in and around Polonnaruwa. Experience Sri Lanka’s last kingdom - the Kingdome of Kandy which is a testament to the country's ability to pick up and rise from ashes. After being burned and ravaged more than thrice by the invading Portuguese, the Kandyan Kingdom still holds beautifully carved and built houses, palaces and temple preserved for nearly 500 years.
- Wander around the streets of the mystical ancient city of Polonnaruwa.
- Discover the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy.
- Go on a wildlife trekking tour with a local guide.
- Marvel at the tranquil rural scenery of the countryside.
- Enjoy a game drive at Yala National Park.
- Explore the famous Galle Dutch Fort area.
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Dambulla cave temple.
- No single supplements if booked early.
- Design your Day on Days 2 & 7
- Resident tour director & English-speaking expert local guides
- Airport meet & greet & return private transfers
- Entrance fees, taxes & tips, & excursions as stated
- Welcome & farewell dinners
- 12 breakfasts & 11 dinners
- Wifi in accommodation
- Scenic sundowner
Day 1 - Arrive Colombo, Sri Lanka
Day 2 - In the morning explore Colombo's Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, the Pettah bazaar, the Wolvendaal Dutch Church, the Old Parliament, and Independence Square. In the afternoon pick from the Design Your Day activities:
- Option 1: Tour Saskia Fernando Gallery and admire the Asokaramaya Buddhist Temple’s murals.
- Option 2: Visit Kelaniya Temple.
- Option 3: Enjoy a photography tour.
Day 3 - Explore the Ridi Viharaya cave temple and then climb the UNESCO World Heritage Site "the Lion Rock".
Day 4 - Visit Habarana for traditional food experience and continue to Polonnaruwa for the iconic man-made reservoir, the famous Gal Viharaya or ‘Rock Temple’.
Day 5 - Discover UNESCO's Dambulla.
Day 6 - Travel to Kandy and marvel at the UNESCO's Temple of the Tooth Relic. Visit Lake Kandy, the Botanical Gardens and the scenic Victoria Golf Club.
Day 7 - Design Your Day Activites:
- Option 1: Join a local family for a cookery class in their home.
- Option 2: Visit four ancient temples of Kandy – Gadaladeniya, Lankathilaka, Degaldoruwa, and Embakke on a half-day trip.
- Option 3: Channel your inner chieftain & dress up as a nilame.
Day 8 - Visit the stunning Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya and head to Nuwara Eliya.
Day 9 - Experience the authentic Sri Lanka teas and visit a local producer.
Day 10 - Travel to Moon Plains and marvel at the scenery and the wildlife of central Sri Lanka. Continue to Yala.
Day 11 - Go on a trekking tour with a wildlife guide and you will have the chance Sri Lanka's Big Five.
Day 12 - Explore the harbour city of Galle, another UNESCO site.
DAy 13 - Depart Galle.
- An iconic landmark hotel Galle Face Hotel is located on the seafront in the heart of Colombo. tay in charming rooms and suites all facing the sea.
- Sprawled among infinite shades of green, Jetwing Lake offers modern languor in Sri Lanka’s remote forest. Surrounded by fertile plains and jungle-clad peaks, there’s a view at every turn.
- Set on the banks of the palm-fringed Mahaweli River, Mahaweli Reach is a tranquil spot from which to explore Kandy’s hill country. Once a tea planter’s guesthouse, much of its old world charm remains from the terracotta roof tiles to the lily-pad speckled waterways.
- With sweeping views of the emerald tea plantations, Amaya Langdale is a colonial-style retreat in the Nuwara Eliya’s sloping mountain range. It’s a picturesque escape with a manicured lawn, good enough for croquet, colourful flowerbeds and a wraparound white-picket fence.
- Splayed out behind the sand dunes near the entrance of Yala National Park, Jetwing Yala is a stylish outpost. Designed to seamlessly blend in with the coastal wilderness, rooms open up to dramatic dune views with the breeze streaming in and buckets of natural light.
- Dating back to 1764, the sophisticated manor house Tamarind Hill exudes colonial elegance with soft contemporary touches. With only 12 rooms and suites, this boutique property offers an excellent base to explore the fascinating city of Galle.
Book early and the first four solo places won’t pay any single supplement. The same journey, the same luxury, guaranteed at the same price.
To provide you with flexibility and the latest flight offers, international flights are not included. Please enquire for the latest flight deals.
As long as we have at least two people booked on an A&K Escorted Tour, it will take place.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot