This compact Indian journey will introduce you to three very different northern cities and the colourful rural life of Rajasthan. From the hectic pace of Delhi with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments, and colonial past, travel by private transport to Agra and the mesmerizing beauty of the Taj Mahal — truly one of the wonders of the world. Discover why Jaipur is called the "Pink City" and get a taste of village life at Dhula village.
- Wander around modern and ancient Delhi
- Revel in the magnificence of the Taj Mahal
- Visit rural villages and historic forts
- Explore India's vibrant cities
- G Adventures for Good: Women on Wheels Transfer, Indira Gandhi International Airport
- G Adventures for Good: City Walk, Delhi. Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, and Connaught Place.
- Agra Fort visit.
- Taj Mahal visit.
- I'timad-ud-daulah (Baby Taj) entrance.
- Fatephur Sikri visit.
- Village stay (Dhula).
- Jaipur City Palace entrance and guided tours.
- Amber Fort. Abhaneri stepwell visit.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
Day 1: Delhi
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included through the G Adventures-supported Women on Wheels project.
Day 2: Delhi/Agra
Enjoy a youth-led walk through the backstreets of Delhi with G Adventures-supported project, City Walk. Observe a different perspective of Delhi while supporting at-risk youth in the community. Later, explore Old Delhi and travel onward to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.
Day 3: Agra
Visit the famous Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
Day 4: Agra/Dhula Village
Stop at Fatehpur Sikri, the now-deserted former capital of the Mughals. In the afternoon, travel to Dhula Village and get a closer look at rural life in Rajasthan during a cycling excursion. Tonight opt to relax by the fire and take in the starry night sky.
Day 5: Dhula Village/Jaipur
Opt for an early morning hike to a ruined fortress before departing for Jaipur, stopping to visit the impressive stepwells of Abhaneri en route. Later, visit the Palace of the Winds and wander the organized streets of the 'Pink City'.
Day 6: Jaipur
Enjoy a visit to the Amber Fort, famous for its mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture. After, visit the City Palace and have a photo opportunity at Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Opt to check out the Jantar Mantar astronomical site or see a Bollywood film at the famous Art Deco theatre of Raj Mandir.
Day 7: Jaipur/Delhi
Return to Delhi in the afternoon. Enjoy free time to explore more of the city.
Day 8: Delhi
Depart at any time.
Physical Rating: 2 - Light
Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot