Call free on 0800 707 6229 for huge extra savings on Collette Wonders of China & the Yangtze River.
The allure of the eastern world unfolds before you on a spellbinding journey that exposes you to the ancient and modern marvels of China.
Experience China’s marvels, ancient and modern, rural and cosmopolitan, on this fantastic Collette tour that features a relaxing 4-night upstream cruise of the Yangtze River. Discover for yourself the mysterious Forbidden City and the immense Tiananmen Square. Walk a section of the Great Wall, tour the old, narrow streets of Beijing by rickshaw and share lunch with a local family in their Hutong home. Stand before the 8,000 warriors in the life-size terracotta army in Xian. Interact with China’s national treasure at the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base. Experience both old and ultra-modern china in Shanghai.
- 14 Breakfasts
- 12 Lunches
- 9 Dinners
- 4-star accommodation
- Options for a private, chauffeur driven return home to airport transfers - up to 40km
- Expert local guides with insider knowledge
- Attraction entrance fees with preferential access
- Comfortable on-tour transportation
- Hotel-to-hotel baggage handling
- Take your seat at an amazing acrobatics show.
- All aboard the Maglev train - reach speeds over 260 miles per hour!
- Interact with China’s national treasure at the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base.
- Walk on the Juyongguan section of the Great Wall.
- Explore Old Town Shanghai and tranquil Yuyuan Garden.
- Take a relaxing 4-night upstream cruise on the Yangtze River.
- Savour traditional Chinese food including dumplings, noodles and Peking Duck.
- Share lunch with a local family in their Hutong home.
- Partake in a traditional tea ceremony.
- Discover the Forbidden City in Beijing.
Day 1: Beijing, China - Tour Begins
Arrive in the ancient capital of China. As the political centre of China for the past 800 years, and the world’s second most populous city, Beijing is rich in history with both modern and traditional architecture.
Day 2: Beijing
Stroll through iconic Tiananmen Square. Next, discover the Forbidden City, an awe-inspiring 15thcentury complex of palaces, courtyards and gardens. The remainder of your day is at leisure.
Day 3: Beijing
Today’s destination is the Great Wall of China, one of the world’s most incredible wonders. Learn about the wall’s history before taking a memorable walk on the Juyongguan section, one of the most famous passes. After this bucket list event, visit a jade museum.
Day 4: Beijing
Your day begins at the spiritual Temple of Heaven (a UNESCO World Heritage site). Afterwards, take a rickshaw ride through the hutongs, the traditional alleys of Beijing. Meet a local family and enjoy a dumpling making class before a traditional calligraphy lesson. Later, take part in a traditional Chinese tea ceremony.
Day 5: Beijing - Xian
Fly to the ancient city of Xian where the legendary Silk Road comes to an end.
Day 6: Xian
Today, explore the incredible excavation site of the Terracotta Warriors. Next, visit the Xian Arts and Ceramic exhibition centre to see life-sized models of the warriors being made. At lunch enjoy a Xian speciality – hand-pulled noodles – with a demonstration on how they are made.
Day 7: Xian - Yichang - Board Cruise Ship
After a short flight to Yichang, board your ship for a 4-night cruise up the Yangtze River.
Day 8: Cruising - Three Gorges Dam - Xiling Gorge
Begin your day with a tai chi lesson on the sundeck as we sail towards the dramatic Xiling Gorge, the longest section of the Three Gorges. Discover the state-of-the-art site, Three Gorges Dam.
ay 9: Cruising - Shennv Stream - Wu Gorge - Qutang Gorge
Take in the tranquil surroundings on a ride up the remote Shennv Stream in traditional pea boats. Upon returning to the ship, enjoy the majestic vistas as we sail through Wu Gorge, known for its 12 forest-covered peaks.
Day 10: Cruising - Shibaozhai
Arrive at Shibaozhai (Precious Stone Fortress). This imposing hill along the banks of the river is adorned with a 9-story red pagoda.
Day 11: Chongqing - Disembark Cruise Ship - Chengdu
Disembark this morning in the mountain city of Chongqing and travel to Chengdu, the capital of the Sichuan Province. Spend time on your own strolling through its ancient streets.
Day 12: Chengdu
Your morning begins with a visit to the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base. Enjoy an afternoon visit to the Du Fu Thatched Cottage, the former home to the poet known as the “Shakespeare of China.”
Day 13: Chengdu – Shanghai
Board a flight to Shanghai, the economic capital of the People’s Republic of China. Experience the modern side of China as you take the super-fast Maglev train into central Shanghai. Later this evening prepare to be amazed at a Chinese acrobatics show.
Day 14: Shanghai
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Shanghai. Explore Old Town’s narrow streets and relax in the tranquil Yuyuan Garden before discovering ancient Chinese art and historical treasures during a visit to the Shanghai Museum.
Day 15: Shanghai - Tour Ends
- Grand Gongda Jianguo Hotel, Beijing - this stylish hotel is located a 12-minute drive from China World Trade Centre and Guomao Commercial Area.
- Grand Dynasty Culture Hotel, Xian is located in central Xian City, a few minutes' walk from the Ancient City Wall and Islamic Mosque.
- Century Paragon, Century Cruises - the 5-star Century is the newest luxury ship along the Yangtze Cruise, specially designed for Western passengers.
- Tianfu Sunshine Hotel, Chengdu is a short 4-minute walk from South Taisheng metro station on Line 4, and a 10-minute walk from Chunxi Road, the busy city centre.
- Hongqiao Jinjiang Hotel, Shanghai features luxurious 5-star accommodations, 7 dining options and an indoor swimming pool.
This trip requires a passport and visa. A visa is required for this tour at your
expense. It is the traveller’s responsibility to obtain any required visa and/
or documents prior to departure. All document/processing fees are at the
expense of the traveller. You are strongly urged to contact the appropriate
consulate for details.
All guests will be confirmed in balcony cabins during
the cruise portion of the tour. All air passengers will arrive into Beijing
and depart from Shanghai. Airport transfers are available for purchase. The
internal flights are included in the tour price.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot