A quick, free call on 0800 707 6229 or email for huge extra savings on Abercrombie & Kent Southern Africa by river & rail Luxury tour.
Start your amazing African adventure with a stylish train journey on Rovos Rail and immerse yourself into South Africa's spectacular mountain scenery. Enjoy the marvellous Zambezi Queen located on the great Chobe River that borders Namibia and the Chobe National Park in Botswana. In Cape Town discover the breathtaking panoramic views from Table Mountain, the iconic Cape of Good Hope offering whale watching and a colony of rare African penguin at Boulders Beach. Finish your unforgettable journey enjoying the dramatic vistas of Victoria Falls and exploring the wildlife of Botswana's Moremi Game Reserve with an exciting safari.
- Explore the vibrant Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- Visit the iconic Cape of Good Hope and enjoy whale watching or meeting African penguins.
- Cruise the majestic Chobe river and discover the Okavango Delta .
- Marvel at the stunning views of Victoria Falls.
- Explore the abundant wildlife of the predator capital of the world - Moremi Game Reserve in Botswana.
- English-Speaking Resident Tour Director and Local Guides
- Luxury Accommodations
- Travelling Bell Boy luggage handling
- Traveller’s Valet laundry service
- Selected meals included
- Internet access (where available)
- Airport meet and greet
- Entrance fees, taxes and all gratuities with the exception of the Resident Tour Director
- Guaranteed departures with just two guests
Day 1 - Arrive in Cape Town, South Africa
Day 2 - Discover Cape Town's magic. Visit the Table Mountain for stunning panorama views and explore South Africa’s history at Groote Kerk (its oldest church), City Hall and Grand Parade.
DAy 3 - Explore the iconic Cape of Good Hope and enjoy whale watching or meet a colony of endangered African penguins.
Days 4-5 - Go on a thrilling rail journey with Rovos Rail and discover the Cape Winelands region, where you’ll stop to admire Matijiesfontein, an authentically preserved Victorian village.
Day 6 - Explore the vibrant Johannesburg.
Day 7 - Fly to the magnificent Victoria Falls and later on set sail on a sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River.
Day 8 - Over on the Zimbabwean side of Victoria Falls you can take a walking tour. Afterwards, board the five-star Zambezi Queen.
Days 9-10 - Cruise Chobe river and explore the abundant wildlife of Chobe National Park.
Day 11 - Fly to the Okavango Delta in Botswana. Here you’ll stay at Sanctuary Chief's Camp in the vast Moremi Game Reserve, where you will have the exciting opportunity of spotting Africa's Big Five.
Day 12 - Discover the traditional way of life on the Okavango Delta.
Day 13- After your final breakfast in Botswana, fly to Johannesburg via Maun.
- Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel - Each of the 57 suites and 144 spacious bedrooms are individually furnished.The two restaurants offer informal, alfresco health-focused lunches and elegant dinners, while the stylish and lively Planet Bar offers an impressive selection of wine, champagne and cocktails.
- Rovos Rail - Refurbished using traditional and sympathetic techniques the wood panelled coaches are in concourse condition and set the scene for a truly unique journey through some of Africa's finest scenery.
- Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa - Once a private home, Fairlawns Boutique Hotel & Spa is a delightful grand retreat away from the busy city. The atmosphere is designed to be elegant with the Terrace restaurant set with candlelit tables.
- The Victoria Falls Hotel - Established in 1904, The Victoria Falls Hotel is set in The Victoria Falls National Park and has provided the base for statesmen, royals, authors and celebrities.
- Zambezi Queen - The Zambezi Queen is comprised of 14 Suites, 4 of which are Master Suites, sliding mosquito net doors and the finest finishes complete this cocoon of creature comforts amidst the wild and untamed Africa.
- Sanctuary Chief's Camp - Twelve luxury bush pavilions all on raised wooden platforms are the ultimate in privacy and comfort complete with plunge pool
The price shown is per person, based on two sharing. It excludes international flights. Subject to availability, please speak to a travel consultant to find out more.
Table Mountain closes annually mid-July to mid-August. Alternate touring will be provided for affected departures.
32 Years experience
9.8 out of 10 on Trust Pilot