Please call free – 0800 707 6229 - for Huge Extra Savings on Trafalgar Wonders of Ancient Egypt
The enduring buzz of Cairo's bustling city streets and imposing Great Pyramids of Giza launch your discovery of ancient Egypt, cruising down the life-source of this land to the Graeco-Roman double temple at Kom-Ombo, past the temples and tombs of Luxor, and exploring the Valley of the Kings.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Seven-night luxury Nile Cruise
- Return flight from Cairo to Luxor
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver Escorted by one of Trafalgar's English-speaking Egyptologists / Travel Directors
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- City Tour in Luxor and Cairo
- Visit the temples of Karnak, Luxor Temple, the temple dedicated to Goddess Hathor at Dendera, the Temple of Horus, the Temple of Isis on the island of Philae, the temple at Kom-Ombo, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple and the Colossi of Memnon in Luxor, the Valley of the Kings, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- View the Step Pyramid in Sakkara, the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza, the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk in Aswan, the Botanical Gardens on Kitchener's Island, the Citadel, Alabaster and Sultan Hassan Mosques in Cairo
- See the Ramses II statue and Alabaster Sphinx in Memphis, the
- Sound and Light show in Giza
- Sail in a felucca across the Nile
Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
Hold on to your hats for an epic expedition through millennia. Your journey of discovery into Egypt's antiquities begins in the chaotic city streets of Cairo. Upon arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel before spending the day exploring this ancient city on your terms.
Day 2: Pyramids Excursion
Leave the bustling cityscape behind and venture into desert landscapes to see the limestone Colossus of Ramses II and the Alabaster Sphinx at Memphis. Our next stop sees us admire the precursor to great pyramids, the Step Pyramid in Sakkara, before arriving in Giza to see its Great Pyramid and the mythical Sphinx that stands guard over the royal tombs of pharaohs past.
Day 3: Luxor Nile Cruise
This morning, fly to Luxor where you will enjoy a guided tour of the Karnak Temple complex and wonder at its colossal columns, and then explore the Great Temple of Luxor, which dominates the city. We'll board our cruise ship and settle in to our home for the next seven nights.
Day 4: Nile Cruise: Dendera - Edfu
We travel north to Dendera where we spend the morning exploring the beautifully preserved Dendera Temple, dedicated to the Goddess Hathor. We return later to our ship, to cruise via the Esna Lock to Edfu.
Day 5: Nile Cruise: Edfu - Aswan
Walk through Ptolemy XII's mammoth pylon and into the house of Horus, the beloved falcon god who was worshipped at the Temple of Edfu. Tonight, we don traditional galabeas for a memorable evening celebrating Egyptian culture and cuisine as we cruise along the Nile to Aswan.
Day 6: Nile Cruise: Aswan - Philae
At the impressive High Dam in Aswan, we view the Unfinished Obelisk, today still set within the rock from which it was partially carved. We'll visit the Temple of Isis on the Island of Philae before a relaxing rest of the day spent on board our cruise ship.
Day 7: Nile Cruise: Aswan
Set sail on a traditional felucca this morning, journeying across the Nile to view Lord Kitchener's beloved Botanical Gardens. We return later to our ship for the remainder of the day at leisure.
Day 8: Nile Cruise: Aswan - Kom-Ombo - Edfu
A leisurely morning sees us ease into tranquil river-life or consider joining a once in a lifetime excursion to Abu Simbel. Later, we visit the roofless Temple of Kom-Ombo and pay tribute to Egypt's ancient falcon and crocodile gods.
Day 9: Nile Cruise: Edfu - Luxor
Spend a full day cruising on the Nile, the lifeblood of Egypt. Enjoy the onboard facilities and admire the beautiful scenery as you meander along the Nile to Luxor.
Day 10: Luxor - Cairo
We disembark at Luxor and travel to the West Bank, journeying back in time to explore the fascinating complex of mortuary temples and tombs, including Queen Hatshepsut's Temple, the Colossi of Memnon and the Valley of the Kings. We take a return flight to Cairo where we'll enjoy an evening at leisure to soak up the buzzing atmosphere for which the city is famous.
Day 11: Cairo Sightseeing
Our final day of exploration sees us visit the Alabaster and Sultan Hassan Mosques, the ancient citadel of Salah El Din and the Hanging Church of St. Mary, suspended above the Babylon Fortress in Old Cairo. Delve into the historic treasures of ancient Egypt later, viewing thousands of artefacts from various dynasties displayed at the Egyptian Museum.
Day 12: Depart Cairo
We bid Egypt and our newfound friends a sad farewell as we prepare to depart Cairo to return home. Airport transfers are available, conditions apply.
- Le Meridian Pyramids
- Luxury Nile Cruise
Land price only. Please note, prices listed are guide prices only and are based on 2 people sharing and don't include any additional supplements. Holiday prices are fluid and dynamic and may be changed at a moment's notice, prior to booking, at which point they are confirmed. Please call the team free on 0800 707 6229 for more departure dates available and a quote.
38 Years ABTA membership & experience
Rated 5* on Trust Pilot