call us on 0121 213 0012
Mon-Thurs 8am to 8pm and Fri-Sun 9am to 5pm.
Adults from: Please call for details
Child prices from: Please call for details
Huge, exclusive savings on top of this operators prices! Call Now 0121 213 0012 Based on 2 adults sharing & sub. avail
Offer valid: 14/02/2011 - 14/02/2013
Duration: 0 nights
Departure airport: Any UK airport
Board basis: Special Board
Neilson Sivota (Syvota), The Retreat, Greece
Located in a corner of rare natural beauty with tiny coves, green hills and deserted beaches, the aptly named Retreat offers an idyllic haven from hectic modern life.
Around a ten minute walk from the bustling harbour of Sivota, The Retreat clings to the side of a tree-covered coastal hillside. Its various buildings are linked by numerous steps and paths leading down to the shores of the Ionian Sea. A collection of beaches forms the edge of our watersports area and a shallow sand bar makes it possible to wade across to the tiny uninhabited island of Mourtemeno.
Throughout the hotel grounds great attention has been paid to landscaping with an abundance of flowers and trees adding to the natural beauty of the setting.
Neilson Sivota, The Retreat Accommodation:
• Rooms are either in the main hotel or in villa style garden rooms. All are of a good standard with air conditioning, fridge, direct dial telephone, TV, safety deposit box, hairdryer, ensuite shower and balcony or small terrace,
the majority with a sea view. Garden rooms were refurbished in 2008.
• There is a choice of twin, double and triple rooms and a selection of interconnecting rooms for families, all are large enough to take a cot.
• Rooms in the main building are close to the restaurant and reception, whilst the garden rooms offer a more peaceful and private setting.
• Accommodation is linked to other areas of The Retreat by a series of steps and pathways.
Neilson Sivota, The Retreat Facilities:
• You enter via an airy reception with a small outdoor terrace and lounge area. Stairs lead to a small shop and a children’s play area en route to the restaurant.
• The restaurant is split over two levels, with seating for groups and couples and impressive views over the sailing area.
• On the next level is the pool bar and swimming pool with terrace, separate pool for younger children, sun loungers and shaded area. From here, the Sea Urchins crèche, boules, table tennis, volleyball court, spa, gym and tennis courts can be accessed.
• From the pool, there are approximately 100 steps down to the waterfront. The beachfront directly in front of the hotel is where you will find our waterski pontoon, beginner windsurf beach and wooden decked sunbathing area.
Neilson Sivota, The Retreat Meals:
• Daily breakfast, daily lunch and four evening meals each week.
Neilson Sivota, The Retreat Activities:
The sheltered waters and calm conditions make sailing for beginners ideal. Novice or expert waterskiers and wakeboarders can make the most of the flat water throughout the day, with the premium package available for those who are really keen.
Also popular is the option of a pre-breakfast swim over to the island. For the more energetic, there is often a guided bike ride, fitball, gym and tennis sessions before the sun reaches its height.
One of the most popular activities is to take a kayak and explore the secluded coves surrounding the club. In the afternoon the sailing area extends beyond the island for intermediates to make the most of the breeze further out.
Alternatively, spend the day on one of our skippered day yachts or enjoy a 2 day flotilla taster experience and make the most of the breeze outside the bay whilst exploring secluded bays further up the coast. You could also choose to oin our 4 day Introduction to Yachting course and learn the skills required to sail a yacht in the Med.
As the sun dips in the sky, informal games of volleyball are organised, either in the pool or on the sand court. For those who prefer a gentler pace there is table tennis, boules or maybe a relaxing massage in the new spa before a pre-dinner cocktail.
On the water -
• RYA dinghy sailing tuition and courses are included
• Tuition is progressive and flexible. Clinics for beginners to experts are included covering the RYA National Sailing Scheme
• 6 Laser Funboat
• 6 Laser Pico
• 6 Laser 1
• 1 Laser 2000
• 1 Laser Bahia
• 4 Dart 16
• RYA windsurfing tuition and courses are included
• Tuition is progressive and flexible. Clinics for beginners to experts are included covering The RYA National Windsurfing Scheme
• 40 Beginner and improver boards
• 40 rigs (3.5m - 8m) plus junior rigs
Waterskiing and wakeboarding
• 2 Ski Nautique ski boats including a wakeboard specific 206 open bow boat with tower
• A variety of skis and wakeboards
• Premium Waterski & Wakeboard is available to pre-book through the contact centre, and only available to book in resort if spaces are available
• Waterskiing and Wakeboarding is included free of charge
• 20 one and two seater kayaks.
Scuba Diving & Snorkelling
• A try-dive is included in your holiday and a wide range of dive courses from Discover Scuba to 4 day PADI Open Water are pre-bookable through is at a supplement.
• Outdoor pool
• Separate children's pool
On the shore -
• Group tuition is included
• 4 floodlit tennis courts
• Tennis rackets and balls are provided.
• Private tuition is available at a supplement (subject to availability).
• 25 Gary Fisher mountain bikes.
• Mountain bike guiding
Health and fitness
• A range of fitness classes including fitball, circuits and stretch
• Air conditioned fitness room
• Pilates / yoga platform
• Spa and gym
• Health and beauty treatments are available at a supplement
Other activities -
• Boules and table tennis
Subject: Wonderful Neilson Holiday Review Of The Retreat, Sivota, Greece !
Thank you for all your help in arranging a holiday for the girls and me. We had a wonderful time. The weather was unbelievable, probably 30s all the time, we never needed a jumper even in the evening on the water taxi back from Sivota harbour on our evenings out.
Have you been to this club - the situation as expected was stunning and there were quite a lot of people returning for the second, third or fourth time. As expected, it was terrific for water skiing (the girls went once and Sarah was delighted to stand up on her first time) which was very slick and well organised and the rescue boat kindly came and got me when there wasn't enough wind to sail my dinghy back again!
There had been 100+ children the week before, this time there were 4! Steps are a nuisance but we knew about that and our garden view apartment (2x twins, each with bathroom) was on the level with the dining area. Higher up would have been a long way, but very good if you played tennis.
It was fun going out to dinner - harbour restaurants not cheap (50-60 euros for one course with a drink) but beautiful locations, sunset etc. and there was a good pizza place up the main road much cheaper.
The trip to Paxos was well worth doing, nice to see other cute little villages and go into caves on the boat. We could have gone cheaper from Sivota on a bigger boat, but it was very easy going with the Neilson trip, door to door, just 20-30 of us.
Nice people staying as guests, quiet, friendly - all good.
All in all, excellent. Flights which were great for timing, and we stayed overnight at the Gatwick Hilton which had valet parking all in for £179, very very good we could get up 20 minutes before check in, were on time, and enabled Sarah to dash to London and jump on the train to Sheffield on our return Sunday, having worked most of the holiday, but there you are - that's life for people with jobs.
Rosie and I are thinking about a little more sunshine in November, so maybe I will be back again soon asking for your help. She and I do also like Club Med with their great food and international atmosphere.
Many Thanks, Linda.