call us on 0121 213 0012
Mon-Thurs 8am to 8pm and Fri-Sun 9am to 5pm.
Adults from: Please call for details
Child prices from: Please call for details
Huge, exclusive savings on top of this operators prices! Call Now 0121 213 0012 Based on 2 adults sharing & sub. avail
Offer valid: 03/02/2011 - 03/02/2013
Duration: 0 nights
Departure airport: Any UK airport
Board basis: Special Board
Neilson Portomyrina Palace Lemnos Reviews: "...the activities programme at the resort was brilliant..." (More Reviews)
The Portomyrina Palace is on the island of Lemnos (sometimes called Limnos) in the northeast of Greece's Aegean Sea, where fascinating history combines with a stunning landscape.
Neilson Portomyrina Palace, Lemnos, Greece:
The Neilson Portomyrina Palace is situated along the edge of the long stretch of sandy beach in the bay of Avlonas. The Portomyrina Palace has beautiful views towards Halkidiki's Mount Athos, and is just a twenty minute stroll to Mirina, the charming capital of Lemnos, with its shops, restaurants and imposing Venetian castle.
The Neilson Portomyrina Palace hotel is set amongst landscaped grounds with well-tended lawns which lead down to the water's edge. Within the grounds of the hotel are the archaeological remains of the pre-Hellenistic Temple of Artemis, preserved as a unique feature of the hotel.
Neilson Portomyrina Palace Hotel Accommodation:
• Rooms are located in the main hotel or in small two storey ‘villas’ within the gardens, closer to the beach and pool.
• All rooms offer varying aspects, with sea view rooms available for a small supplement.
• There is a choice of twin, double, triple and inter-connecting pairs of double and twin rooms for families. All rooms are large enough to take a cot.
• All have modern furnishings in a neutral colour scheme with ensuite bath/shower, air conditioning, mini fridge, safe, hairdryer, telephone, TV and balcony or terrace.
• There are also a number of suites combining a bedroom, ensuite bath/shower and balcony with a further lounge area separated by a closing door with sofa bed and a second balcony. These suites are suitable for three adults or two adults with two children.
• Several rooms are designed with maximum accessibility in mind. Doorways and bathrooms are configured so as to be convenient for those with limited mobility. This approach extends to the lifts and ramps which feature around the hotel.
Neilson Portomyrina Palace Hotel Facilities:
• The impressive reception area has a wonderful feeling of space with its stylish modern design, small shop and lifts and stairs to our bar, restaurant, spa and indoor pool area.
• The elegant lounge bar and restaurant both offer fantastic views of the mountainous landscape across the shimmering sea.
• Down towards the beach, the pool bar is a great central focus for all activities within the club. A large outdoor pool offers plenty of space for swimming lengths or simply cooling off in the sunshine.
• Alongside the main pool is a separate children’s pool and play area with climbing frames and slides.
• Beyond the pool lies our beach - a long sandy stretch sweeping to the north, with windsurf kit, sailing equipment, kayaks and waterski boats, all conveniently located.
Neilson Portomyrina Palace Hotel Meals:
Daily breakfast, daily lunch and four evening meals are included each week.
Neilson Portomyrina Palace Hotel Activities:
Early morning is the perfect time of day to try your hand at waterskiing, join our guide on one of our longer, harder bike rides before the temperatures start to rise, or simply join us for a stretch or fitness class.
Mornings see stronger, cross off-shore wind, perfect for sailing and windsurfing. With RYA tuition and courses covering Dinghy Level 1 and 2, Seamanship Skills and Windsurfing up to Intermediate non planing and planing, along with sessions such as water starts and spinnakers - you will soon be making the most of the great conditions and kit.
New to Lemnos, is IKO level 1 and 2 Kitesurfing. Level 1 takes you through theory, safety, wind knowledge and kite flying training at the hotel, followed by flying the kite and body dragging at Keos beach, 25 minutes away. Level 2 is also available and covers use of the board, water starting and self launching.
Back on shore there is plenty to keep you occupied with three tennis courts and a variety of technique classes. For much of the day, courts are available for free play.
When the heat of the day ebbs away you may want to join a guided bike ride to a nearby village or you are free to explore Lemnos independently with a friend on our high quality mountain bikes.
On the water
• RYA dinghy sailing tuition and courses are included
• Tuition is progressive and flexible. Clinics for beginners to experts are included covering the RYA National Sailing Scheme
• 4 Laser Funboat
• 10 Laser Pico
• 13 Laser 1
• 1 Laser Vago
• 2 Laser Stratos
• 3 Laser Bahia
• 4 Dart 16
• 6 RS Feva
• RYA windsurfing tuition and courses are included
• Tuition is progressive and flexible. Clinics for beginners to experts are included covering The RYA National Windsurfing Scheme
• Taster sessions and clinics are available on more progressive techniques.
• 50 Beginner and Intermediate boards
• 60 rigs (3.5m - 8m) plus junior rigs
Waterskiing and wakeboarding
• 2 Ski Nautique ski boats
• A variety of skis and wakeboards
• Waterskiing and Wakeboarding is included free of charge
• 20 one and two seater kayaks.
Kitesurfing takes place at Keros Surf Club about 25 minutes drive from the hotel
• IKO Level 1 available at a supplement of €200 per person (book locally)
• IKO Level 2 avaiable at a supplement of €200 per person (book locally)
Scuba Diving & Snorkelling
• PADI 5 star dive centre
• A selection of snorkels and masks
• A try-dive is included in your holiday and a wide range of dive courses from Discover Scuba to 4 day PADI Open Water are pre-bookable through us at a supplement.
• Large outdoor salt water pool
• Indoor pool
• Separate heated children's pool
On the shore
• Group tuition is included
• 3 tennis courts (2 floodlit)
• Tennis rackets and balls are provided.
• Private tuition is available at a supplement (subject to availability).
• 30 Gary Fisher mountain bikes.
• Mountain bike guiding
Health and fitness
• A range of classes including fitball, circuits and stretch
• Small indoor freshwater pool, gym, fitness studio, massage and beauty treatment rooms
• Health and beauty treatments are available at a supplement
• Boules, table tennis and pool table
***Neilson Portomyrina Palace Lemnos Reviews************************************
Date: 8th September 2012
Subject: Club Med Portomyrina Palace Review
We (8 of us) travelled to Lemnos on 8th September for our second Neilson beach club holiday as veterans of umpteen Mark Warner Summer Sun and Sunsail Clubs. The flight times were good although early Gatwick for Brummies is a pain but with the benefit of twilight check-in and a really cheap hotel / parking deal at the Europa hotel we travelled down the night before dumped our luggage, checked in and started the holiday early.
We arrived at the resort at about 1.30 after the bonus of a short transfer (25 minutes) and were welcomed with a drink and after a quick check in went straight in to lunch. With a welcome meeting at 5 which involves sorting your weeks commitments the first day passed reasonably quickly.
The return coach left the resort at 11.00 - a nice time almost straightafter breakfast.
The activities programme at the resort was brilliant although Equipment quality was mixed - Tennis courts were ok, mountain bikes good, dinghies good, windsurfers ageing, water skiing / wake boarding good. Spa excellent.
The beach was badly organised and not really "managed" (like the last Neilson resort - Neilson Club Teos, Turkey that we went to) and with a couple of exceptions beach staff neither helped nor interacted with clients. Staff generally (and there were some great ones) in the resort didn't seem to enjoy their jobs and it reflected in the way they did them. Chefs were fantastic in responding to non dairy vegans in our party. Fitness instructor was very enthusiastic.
The hotel itself was very clean, comfortable and modern and very spacious. It is spread over a wide area and depending on your point of view could either be a bit soulless in some areas or very peaceful. Prices were reasonable for a hotel. Food was good if a little repetitive and very plentiful. The indoor dining areas lacked atmosphere and were very noisy. The location was great being only 20 minutes walk or 5 euros taxi to Myrina which is a pretty little port with nice shops and restaurants.
The beach and pool had plenty of beds and the pool is so large that it never seemed crowded. The beach itself is of gritty sand and great for sailing - launch straight off the beach - but beware the concrete blocks securing the Neilson buoys - I sustained an incapacitating toe stub on one which was not sunk below the surface in the launching area.
Overall we had a great holiday and would happily recommend both Neilson Beachclubs and the Porto Myrina Palace to anyone.